|002

I walk into the weight room and set my bag down by the wall, pulling off my hoodie and starting to stretch.

"Yo Dion!" I look up from the ground.

"Coach Rilly." I answer, rolling my shoulders to warm them up.

"How's everything at the shop?  I haven't been able to drop by because of meetings." Coach Rilly was the Sports supervisor and also the man that gave me a stable job at a mechanic shop so I could get out of my then household.

"It's good, Damon's a dick though but we knew that." He lets out a laugh and the slam of the gym doors makes him turn around.

"Oh the new recruit!" He exclaims, my brow archs.

"You're usually not so excited for recruits you say and I quote they don't know how to do anything correctly." I say, pulling the 25 weight off the rack. Coach rolls his eyes,

"That's because this recruit is special also he is the only one I know that is willing to coach the boys volleyball team with how bad they are doing right now." I start to do curls and I let out a grunt as he waves and leaves me to myself.

My body dripped in sweat and my hair sticks against my forehead. I do one more pull up before dropping my feet to the floor and letting out a long breath.

"And last but not least the weight room!" Wiping my face with the back of my arm as the door open and Coach walks.

"Ah these doorways are really too small for you." Coach comments as the person leans down and steps inside.

"Kelly?" I say, he wasn't in a nice outfit like before but in a maroon tracksuit. His hair still swept to the side but not gelled.

"Dionysus." He greets, Coach looks between us.

"You know him Dionysus?" He asks, I nod.

"Yeah, we met a few weeks ago." Coaches phone went off and he let out a groan.

"They moved the faculty meeting up, well I have to get you going. Kelly I'll see you Monday?" Kelly nods and Coach rushes out.

"Why are you-"

"DION!" Kelly lets out a huff as he steps forward from a impact.

"What the- Gah!" I scowl as I recognized the voice.

"Ronnie, why are you running?" Kelly walks more into the room and turns so he could see the both of us.

"Because Ace is looking for me." He explains, eyeing Kelly up and down.

"Who are you?" Ronnie asks, Kelly sticks out his hand.

"Kelly." Ronnie takes it and shakes his hand.

"Bubba! Are you in here? I saw your car in the parking lot!" I grab the bottle out of my bag and start chugging down the water.

"Hey guys have you seen a 6'8 guy he has black hair and— you are here!" Callian walks in and smiles.

"Callian?  You know him?" Ronnie asks, releasing his hand from Kelly and pointing it towards him. Callian gives us a confused look,

"Huh?  Why wouldn't I know Kelly, he's my older brother." My eyes widen and I choke on my water.

"What?!" Me and Ronnie yell in sync, Callian lets out a chuckle and walks over to Kelly. Patting him,

"Since you'll probably be seeing him more, let go get some coffee to get to know him!" We look at each other before nodding.  I grab my stuff and start to walk after the three,

"Kelly do you want to take Dion or are you fine with going with Dion?" Callian asks,

"Why can't you take him?" I asks, walking side by side with Kelly.  Callian turns around and starts walking backwards,

"Well he's 6'8," My brows furrow in confusion,

"I can not fit in his car properly." Ronnie snickers,

"Well I don't know if you're going to fit into Dionysus car if you don't fit Callian's." The gym doors slam behind us and we get greeted with the sun and the cooling air.

"Well we can't know without trying!" Callian says, skipping over to my car and gesturing for me to unlock my car.  I pull my keys out and press the button, it beeps and Callian opens the door. We watch as Kelly steps into the car and sits down.

"Huh, he can actually fit." Callian mumbles, rubbing his chin. He then turns to me,

"Where we going?" I move to my trunk and open it.

"Cafe down on Shade Avenue?" I asks, throwing my things in and putting on deodorant. Callian nods and Ronnie follows him, shutting the trunk and waking over to the drivers side.

"Buckle up." I say, starting the car. His left arm reaches over and pulls down the belt, it clicks and I shift gears.

The ride was fairly silent aside from the small hum of the radio as music played in the background. I didn't really know what to talk about, this was our second time meeting.

Come on!  Really?  You had so much anticipation to meet him again and now you can't say jack shit?

"So. Did you only come back to Northglenn to get a job?" I asks, stealing a quick glance at him.

"No, I am goin to Central Valley University." My eyes widen.

So he smart smart

"CVU.....what are you majoring in?"

"Business marketing." He was really straight forward with his answers but I couldn't tell if it was because he was uncomfortable or it was just the way he talked and that caused for the car to fall silent again.

I park and unbuckle my seatbelt, Kelly follow suit after. We walk into the cafe and smell instantly makes my eyes soften and relax,

"What would you and Ronnie like to drink?" Kelly asks, staring down at me.

"You do-"

"2 americanos, a cappuccino and vanilla latte. All iced." The barista nods and Kelly gives her his card, the slick blackness of the card catching my eye.

A.....black card..?

"Will you find seats for us?" I jump at the sudden voice directed towards.

"Ye-yeah." I look around before walking towards a corner booth.  He was putting me in a daze, like every little thing he did was making my stomach churn.

"Hehe yeah he's like that, don't get to offended he doesn't know when he's being blunt or not." Callian says, walking into the cafe.

"Hey." They turn towards me and smile before walking over.

"I suspect Kelly already order?" I nod and Ronnie let out a sigh.

"I could kill for a latte right now." My eyes widen.

I would get he'd get Callian's but both of ours correctly?!

"What were you guys talking about when you walked in?" I asks, Ronnie jumps up.

"Kelly! I asked Callian if Kelly was a straight forward person or the type to sugar coat and apparently as a child, Kelly was really blunt with his words and honesty."

"How long have you known him?" Callian shrugs.

"I'd say about 12 years!" Callian displayed a bright smile but it didn't seem to reach up to his ears.

Sometimes, smiling won't give you happiness