Chapter 20 (Two Years Later)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Blake and I, well let's just say it didn't really work out. The break-up was mutual though. We remained friends and he even visited us in Paris last Christmas. That's when he met Arianna. They just kind of hit it off and before we all know it, they're already dating. Which is really great! I'm really happy for them.

"I'm home! And look who's with me!" I said.

"In the kitchen!" Mom called out.

Blake and I went to the kitchen and saw Mom, Arianna and Sam cooking something. Daniel, Aaron and James were just sitting down waiting for the cookies I'm guessing. James by the way is our step-dad.

"Blake!" Arianna exclaimed and made a dash for him. Blake picked her up and spun her around before setting her down and giving her a kiss.

"Get a room!" Aaron exclaimed. Arianna just stuck her tongue out at Aaron.

"Hey, what's cooking?" I asked.

"Arianna, Sam and I are baking some cookies," Mom said.

"Hmm! Smells delicious!" I said sitting down beside Daniel.

"I bet they taste good too!" Daniel said.

"They're done!" Sam said taking the tray of cookies out of the oven and putting it on the table.

Aaron, Daniel and I started to grab some cookies when Mom slapped our hands away.

"Oww!" The three of us say rubbing our hands.

"Those are still hot. Wait for them to cool before getting some," Mom said.

"Ok, Mom," We all say in unison.

"So, how was your day?" Mom asked.

Daniel, Sam and I looked at one another and grumbled 'fines' and 'oks'.

"Daniel, Sam, Liza, what are you not telling me?" Mom asked.

Daniel sighed and swallowed the cookie he was chewing.

"It's been bearable," I said before he could even get a word out.

"They're still talking about it, aren't they?" Mom asked.

I shook my head.

Mom sighed in relief.

"Then what's it about?"

"Nothing, Mom. People are just making a big deal out of us coming back. That's all," I said.

"Don't worry. It will calm down eventually," James said.

"I really hope so," I said.

"Well, while we're waiting for the cookies to cool, why don't we go eat dinner first?" Mom said taking off her apron.

We ate dinner and then the cookies, which by the way were so good! After that we all talked for a while in the sitting room.

"Thank you for the delicious dinner and the awesome cookies, Mrs. Crest. But it's getting late and I have to go it's a big day for all of us tomorrow," Blake said standing up.

"You're welcome anytime, Blake," Mom said.

"We'll see you tomorrow then, Blake!" I said.

"I'll walk him out," Arianna said standing up as well.

"You guys should go rest as well. Blake's right, tomorrow's the big day! My kids are going to college!" Mom said tearing up.

"Mom, save the tears until tomorrow? We're still here," Daniel said. We all laughed at that and decided to go rest.