Chapter 36

Recap

The wound couldn't  be stitched as it was pretty deep so constant dressing and cleaning was expected to help it heal naturally and fast. On a normal day, my dad would have helped but I wanted to do it by myself. Using the clamp to take the hold the bloody cotton wool, I dropped it in utter frustration as blood wouldn't stop sipping out.

"Looks like you need help with that." A voice came from the door way.

I turned abruptly as the voice sounded so dangerously familiar. I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me but it wasn't. I wasn't dreaming or seeing things. Blinking rapidly, I realized she was actually standing right there, at the door of my room, looking at me. That same smile that had plagued my memory for weeks playing on her lips.

She's here.

"S-skye." I stuttered.

"Hi Mateo."
___________________________________

Mateo's POV

The clamp dropped involuntarily from my hand with clanking sound on the tray as I stared at the face that had plagued my imagination for weeks. I opened my mouth but no words came out and I immediately closed, knowing that I looked like a fish out of water.

She's really here.

Mateo, you idiot! Say something!

"Uhm... I...urgh..." I stuttered, suddenly unable to form coherent word and I mentally cursed.

Fuck!.

She giggled and walked towards me. I watched her take brisk short steps towards me until she was standing in front of me. We were barely a foot away from each other and I felt my skin blow with goosebumps, everywhere suddenly hot.

It's official.

I have it bad for Skye Inioluwa Bamidele.

"You should sit. I'd help you clean this up." She interrupted my trailing thoughts and I had to concentrate before I realized what she was talking about.

"N-no. You don't h-have to." I mentally cursed again because I was stuttering like an idiot again. She wasn't even touching me and I was already loosing my shit.

This is one of those times when I seriously need my cigarette.

"Mateo..." She slightly brushed her fingers against my chest and I almost gasped. Almost. She pushed me back towards by bed gently until I was sitting on it. I just watched her, tongue tied.

"You need to sit, let me help you. Wait here." I nodded as she walked to where the tray was.

I watched her work as she removed her sneakers before she went ahead to dispose the used cotton wools and bandages then brought out new ones from inside the drawer, spreading them neatly inside the tray as well as methylated spirit and utensils. I allowed my eyes and my mind to take in every detail of her look.

Her silk black hair was pulled back in a high pony tail and I suddenly missed the way in used to run my fingers through them. She was in a plain red top and three quarter deep blue jeans. She looked so simple and elegant. Very beautiful. Again, I cursed myself mentally.

How were you so blind to all these! She has always been right in front of you.

My mind came back when she walked back towards me and I looked at her. She settled herself on the bed and placed the tray beside her and moved a part of the bed spread so it won't get stained. Taking the clamp and the methylated cotton wool, she looked at me.