prelogue

"you have everything?" my mom asked. "come on mom i have everything you dont have to worry" i replied. my mom smiled at my remark and hugged me. "promise me you will do well" she whispered in my ear. "i promise" "good, now go make some friends"
i walked towards the train eager to make new friends and find people i fit in with. for the past 4 years i went to ilvermorny. but, this year my mom decided to move to england. I was excited cuz i could go to the school my mom had once attended. however, the part i was dreading was finding people to sit with on the train. as i look into the crowd i see a kid with platinum blonde hair walking in my direction.  he looked to be a fifth year, as well so i began making my way over to him when i felt a tap on my shoulder. i turn around to see a girl with brown bushy hair looking at me "whats your name" she asked.
"my name is savannah" i replied "yours" "my name is hermione you look a bit lost" she began with a smile. i was very glad that someone was talking to me and i wouldn't be totally alone on the first day. before i realized it i was staring at the kid with the platinum blonde hair. i dont know how to describe it but every feature worked well on him. he was just very nice to look at. hermione broke my gaze "what are you looking at" she asked.
"oh nothing," i replied, "sometimes i just zone out"
"ok," hermione replied skeptically "we have to find seats on the train"
we walked by each compartment seeing if there were any open. i stopped dead in my tracks when i noticed the kid with the platinum blonde hair was in the compartment door we opened. "sorry," i said as i began to shut it. 
he laughed at me, "sorry for what" he joked, "all u did was open the door" he put his hand on the door and started opening it. i realized there was only one seat left in his compartment. "so are u new here" he asked. "yeah i don't really know anyone yet. but, fortunately i met hermione."  i responded. "oh" draco replied glaring at hermione then looking back at me smiling. "well, you're more than welcome to join me" he said gesturing to the one empty seat. "i would love to but i dont want to leave hermione." "thats alright," he seemed visibly upset by my answer.  i began to close the compartment when i blurted out, "whats ur name by the way"
"malfoy" he replied sticking his hand out like he wanted me to shake it. "draco malfoy" i shook his hand and said "well mine is robinson, savannah robinson" we both smiled at eachother and started heading down the corridor.
"you shouldn't flirt with him you know" hermione began. "what do you mean, i was not flirting, i was just being polite" i stated. "savannah don't lie to me i am the smartest gryffindor at hogwarts" my face started blushing. "and i know you like him," she stated matter of factly. "but he's a bully" she warned, "i just don't want u to get hurt." i smiled at hermione looking down at my feet. i could tell she wanted what was best for me but i couldn't get him out of my head.
we then found another compartment that had two people in it. "there you are" hermione squeeled. we both sat down hermione began to introduce me "hey guys, this is" "savannah" i interrupted her. "whats your names?" the red head in front of me begins. "im ron"  "and im harry potter" my face was in utter shock, and hermione laughed.
"the boy who lived" i blurted out. "do you have the scar" i asked.
harry then pulled back the hair on his forehead to reveal the lighting bolt scar. "bloody-hell" i replied.
we spent the rest of the train ride talking about the classes we were excited for. i was nervous about the sorting hat ceremony when ron  began ranting about how bad slytherin's are, "y'know slytherin has produced the most dark witches and wizards" he began. "why do u think that is" i asked ron. "well, you-know-who was in slytherin" ron began trying to defend his previous statements. "but do u really think the house made him bad. or was it cuz everyone had this stereotype of slytherin being bad." ron looked at me in horror for even trying to defend slytherin.
"why do you want to defend slytherin so much" he screemed at me.
"cuz my dad was in slytherin" ron looked at me in horror. "and you-know-who is the one that killed him. i cant stand listening to ignorant people assume that everyone from slytherin is just some crazy death eater." i stood up and began to storm off angrily and walk towards malfoy's cart.
i open the compartment and see malfoy sitting there. he looked up at me smiling, "hi is that seat still open," i asked smiling. he nodded his head up and down. "this is crab and goyle." "hi, nice to meet you" they gave me a smirk. "why did u come back here" he asked curious.
"one of the people i was sitting with was being a dick" draco chuckled. "well i cant make any promises that we arent dicks too"
me and draco began talking and he told me how both his mother and father were slytherins. "my father was a slytherin too." i replied. "well im hoping you get slytherin" he smiled. "i mean i kinda want to follow in my mom's foot stops and be hufflepuff" he looked at me and smiled. "as long as u don't have the superiority complex of a gryffindor ill be friends with you" i chuckled.
before i knew it we had arrived at hogwarts.
"we're here" i stated. we climbed off the train and started walking towards the castle.
i saw hermione and went over to her. "sorry for storming out of the cabin i just-" "dont worry i completely understand." she cut me off. "if someone were to make fun of my family i would do the same thing" "i just really hope ron doesn't think im rude" i said to her. she rolled her eyes "ur totally a hufflepuff. if anything ron should be apologizing to you for being rude." i smiled at hermioned kind words.  
we finally made it to the castle and it was time to be sorted. i was nervous about being in a house alone with none of my friends. and if i were sorted into slytherin i feel like no one would want to be my friend. but if i were sorted into gryffindor would draco want to be friends with me? i didn't want to have to choose between two groups.
we made our way to the front of the hall and were ready to be sorted. professor mcgonagall looked at the list and called my name first since i was a transfer student to hogwarts. i began walking up towards the hat. mcgonagall placed the hat on my head and i was beyond nervous. the hat seemed conflicted as it began speaking. "where to put you?" it asked "ambitious like slytherin" i looked over at draco who was smiling. "but loyal like hufflepuff hmmmmm" "HUFFLEPUFF" it shouted.
i stood up and began walking over to the hufflepuff table with a wide smile on my face knowing my mom would be proud. i didnt know where to sit as i started making my way to the table i heard a voice say, "the seat next to me is free" i looked over and saw a handsome boy with short brown hair and blue eyes. "whats your name" i asked as i began to sit down. "cedric," he replied, "its nice to meet you savannah" i blushed. he must've been paying attention to the sorting hat ceremony to have known my name.
i felt someones eyes on me when i noticed draco staring at me from across the hall. i made eye contact with him and smiled. i couldn't help but think he was jealous of cedric.