Chapter 1 - Welcome Home!

Gabriela's POV

Gabriela's POV

"Are you girls ready!" I said turning to my friends in the back seat of the car, Adriana, Maria, Juliana, and Ana. They all cheered in response. We were heading to the airport to pick up our friend Dani Alves. Dani was our best friend since grade school, we all grew up together here in Brazil.

Even though the World Cup hasn't started yet, they team will be training for this next month. Dani will be throwing a bunch of parties which I'm really excited for.

Dani texted us in our groupchat that he landed. He came along with his friend Neymar. I've met Neymar before when I visited Dani in Brazil. Neymar is funny and outgoing, definitely a great person to be around!

"Dani!" Ana ran up to Dani hugging him. Dani and Ana had a thing during the Copa America, this is the first time they have seen each other since then. I stood next to Neymar, while everyone kept hugging Dani.

"Hey Ney!" I smiled.
"Hey Gab!" He turned to me and gave me a hug.
"Are you excited for the World Cup?" I asked.
"I am! But, I'm more nervous." He said.
"Yeah, I know we will win. We're a strong team." I said patting his back. He nodded.
"I hope so. But I'm definitely excited to be back here and to see you again!" He said.
"I know its been so long!" I said.
"Lets take a picture." He took out hid phone and we took a selfie. Neymar always took pictures, he always says 'its for memories now shut up and smile.'
"Gabriela!" Dani ran up to me and gave me a hug.
"Dani! Its been so long!" I said. Dani and I considered each other brother and sister.

We all piled into the car. I was driving, Ney in the passenger seat, Ana and Dani sat next to each other of course, Adriana sat on the other side of Ana, and Juliana and Maria sat in the way back.

"You should visit Barcelona more often." Neymar said.
"I know but I've been so busy." I sighed.
"Turn up the music its my favorite song!" Juliana yelled from the way back. I turned up the volume and we all started singing 'Ai Se Eu Te Pego.'

We made it to Dani's house and sat on the couch.
"Its been a while since we've been here." Adriana said looking around.
"I know it feels like its been forever." Ana chipped in.
"Well we have to go our mom wants us back home cause our grandmas coming back from Argentinia." Juliana said before her and Maria left. They were sisters, Maria being two years older.

I sat in between Ney and Dani, Ana was on the other side of Dani cuddled into him, and Adriana sat on the other side of Ana.
"Hey is it okay if a couple of our teammates come over? They said they will bring pizza." Dani asked.
"Pizza! Hell yes!" Adriana said.
"Oscar and David?" Neymar asked. Dani nodded in response.

"Hey guys!" A guy with long curly hair came holding two bottles of champagne.
"Dani, you didn't tell us there were girls." A guy with short black hair spoke from behind the other guy.
"Well.." Neymar said. "What kind of pizza did you get?" Ney changed the subject.
"Just cheese." The curly headed guy said.
"This is Oscar and thats David." Dani said to me pointing at the two guys. I nodded my head. Oscar was kinda cute.