the one with the cup of hufflepuff

"You think I'll be the dark sky
so you can be the star?
I'll
Swallow
You
W h o l e."

LUNA LOVEGOOD WAS here and I couldn't think of any reason why. She was here, imprisoned in a spell, two whole weeks after my encounter with Professor Snape. I had blinked in surprise as a few Death Eaters walked in with her seemingly limo form.

"What's going on?" I had asked carefully, entering the cell where she laid, a little delirious looking.

"The Dark Lord instructed we nick her off," Scabior, a Snatcher by the looks of it, laughed. "Xenophilius Lovegood has been writing horrible things on his magazine; Squiggler or something-"

"Quibbler," I said quietly, eyeing Luna who was now looking at me with sad blue eyes. "You can go now, I'll take it from here."

Scabior's face contorted into a snarl as he said, "I don't take orders from you!"

"You do now," I said, as I made his body freeze with my magic. His eyes almost bulged out as he stood there icily. "I have horrible tricks up my sleeve. Unless you want to face some of them, I'd reckon you should leave."

I liberated him from my hold on him-a simple body contracting magic-and raised an eyebrow at him. He staggered for a few moments before swiftly passing next to me, exiting the dungeons. It was the same cellar where Mr Ollivander was. He emerged from the shadows. He looked shabby and dirty and thoroughly scared.

"I told you to be careful with that wand, Miss Firegold," he said. His eyes were vengeful and he looked like he loathed me above all. I blinked at him.

"I am careful with that wand, Mr Ollivander," I said quietly. I raised the wand behind me casting a few muffiliatos. "I'm not with them."

"I know that," Luna said in her serene voice. "I know you're not with them Skylar."

"Thank you," I whispered, crouching next to her, assessing her wounds. As I gripped her wrist, I recalled the magic I had seen my mother do-the golden magic that healed her wounds the night Euphemia hit her. As I recalled it, my fingertips tired golden, spreading the magic along her s, fragile body, healing a her wounds. For a second, she radiated light like a small sun and then she smiled at me, all her wounds healed. "You'll be fine, Luna."

"I know," she smiled.

"I'm not with them," I told Mr Ollivander. "I'm on my own. I joined him to weaken him from within, Mr Ollivander. And my wand has exceptional agility with Dark Magic."

Luna let out the smallest gasp, as Mr Ollivander's eyes widened ever so slightly.

"I cannot deny the existence of Dark Magic," I added quietly. "It exists. And just because it has Dark in it, doesn't mean it's bad. I use it to do some good in this world. Light magic would've ended up with me being dead in this house a long time ago. The only way I survived was with Dark Magic," I sighed. "You-Know-Who is dangerous and incredibly smart. And the only way to destroy him is if I'm just as dangerous and smart as him."

Mr Ollivander didn't look convinced. Instead he opened his mouth, his eyes agonized, and said, "The Sorting Hat clearly made a mistake, Miss Firegold."

"I know," I said. I was getting tired of hearing this. "I should've been a Slytherin. I know."

"But she's brave, Mr Ollivander," Luna piped in. "She's always putting herself forward to protect Harry Potter. She's not afraid."

"I know Luna," I said. "I am brave. Maybe a little reckless, but I am not chivalrous. I don't conform to traditions and like a Slytherin, I'd go to any extents to achieve my ends," I said, looking at the man who gave me my wand. "It is who I am. And this is how I'm going to protect Harry, your Savior."