Chapter 76: Realm of the Dead

Start from the beginning

_________________________________________

" Ughh."

"{ Wake up, my child.}

Erin opened her eyes groggily. She scanned her surroundings and realized that they were now restrained in a cell. Azusa and Tsubaki regained their consciousness seconds after the Goddess woke up.

" Master, are you all right?"

" I'm fine. What about you two?"

The twins nodded and the 3 resumed to the task on hand. They looked around for any signs of the enemy but all they could find is the dimly lit hallway and the terrifying noises echoing in the area.

" We have to get out of this cell."

The twins attempted to transform but before they could do so, a towering voice can be heard which halted their movements.

" I was informed that there were strangers lurking around the area but I never imagined that it would be the 3 of you."

The trio's eyes widened as the mysterious figure stopped in front of them.

" Welcome back, Azusa and Tsubaki." He then turned to the Goddess. " And to my beloved niece. It's good to see you again, Erin."

" Uncle Hades." The Goddess slightly gasped and the God of the Dead smiled at her.

" Let's get you out of this prison."

Hades's snapped his finger and grim reapers flew to the air, opening the cell so the trio can get out. The creatures made a bow once Erin and the twins walked past them.

" I apologize. This cell is intended for the beings and other evil souls. That's why the atmosphere is unsettling."

Erin was slightly speechless as she couldn't find the right words to say at the moment. There were a lot of things coming to mind so she just stayed silent.

"It's a good thing that you managed to find your way back." Hades said, referring to the twins.

" Master Hades.." Tsubaki spoke as they walked in the hallway. "Why is it hard to locate your lair? Did you perhaps change your base of operations?"

"I adjusted my security and the entrance is still the same. However, it is difficult to track because I've placed a spell which modifies the location every once in a while. So unless you can spot the entrance easily or you were invited to visit the lair, you wouldn't be able to track the place."

" I see.. That's why we had difficulties locating it for the 1st time."

They reached the main room where multiple Grim reapers tended to them. Hades sat on his throne and motioned for the 3 to sit beside him.

"Because you were initially interpreted as an intruder, my servants had you thrown in the cell instead of bringing you here."

The group then fell into a conversation where Hades asked the Goddess about her well being and other important events of her life. When he learned that Erin was transformed to a devil and was now part of a peerage, the God was displeased but nevertheless continued to listen to the Goddess.

"There were a lot of interesting people in our peerage and each have their own eccentricities."

" Hmm. But are you seriously happy being with them?"

Erin blinked upon hearing this but she replied with a smile.

" Yes, Uncle. Though I wasn't intentionally planning to join them, I eventually enjoyed their presence during the times I spent with them."