The Faded Star

Izuocha
On The Second String (alternate timeline ending)

Izuku Midoriya was humming as he walked down the street, dribbling a basketball. It was early in the morning, and he was still tired after waking up on the floor. Ochako Uraraka, his girlfriend who he lived with, kicked him on the floor at 4 in the morning. He decided to just get up.

I mean, he did have a big day ahead of him.

Just to wake up he shot some hoops, displaying some skill that has since diminished since his last high school game. He remembered all the friends he made. He was glad he would see them again. He took a running start, then threw one down to finish it up. He wiped the sweat off his forehead, then dropped his towel, and his basketball. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at his notifications. He saw he had 19 missed calls from Uraraka.

"Oops." He forgot his phone was on silent. He tapped the notification, and called Uraraka. She picked up instantly.

"Where are you Izuku Midoriya! You just disappeared!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I couldn't fall back asleep after I fell off the bed, so I'm at the basketball court. I'm sorry Uraraka." He heard her huff.

"It's ok. Please come home though." He nodded, clearly forgetting she couldn't see him.

"Yeah, Ok. Be home in a bit." He hung up, then started to head back to their shared house.

...

He eventually arrived home to a distraught girlfriend.

"You could've told me where you were going!" She exclaimed. "I was worried!" A pang of guilt hit Midoriya.

"Sorry Uraraka." She sighed again. A small smile then graced her lips.

"Ok, Ok. I'll forgive you if you do one thing for me." Izuku looked at her questioningly.

"What is it?"

"Stop calling me Uraraka." A confused look crossed Midoriya's face.

"Why?" He asked, confused. She clasped her hands together tight.

"Call me Ochako. We have been dating for a long time ya know." A hint of an embarrassed blush crossed his face.

"W-Well, yeah, I g-guess I just got used to calling you Uraraka." He quickly rubbbed the back of his head. "O-Ok. I'll call you O-Ochako." He finally realized he'd been standing outside the house door for over a minute while Ochako had stood inside the house as they talked. When the same realization dawned on Ochako, she stepped aside and motioned in the house.

"Come in. Sorry, I blanked for a bit." She said casually. Midoriya graciously stepped inside. He noticed the light in the kitchen was on. He walked in and noticed Ochako had made a full breakfast.

The breakfast was of eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausages, and syrup. He was surprised at the size of the breakfast.

"Why so much food?" Midoriya asked. Ochako donned a smirk.

"Today is a special day!" She exclaimed. Midoriya looked at her questioningly, then he started sweating, thinking she had figured him out. She face palmed.

"Our anniversary doofus." He mentally facepalmed.

"I-I knew that!" He said. "I-I just forgot for a moment!" The suspicious look from Ochako didn't go unnoticed.

"Ok...." She continued to watch him as they sat down and ate. She had a sort of 6th sense when something was going she didn't know about. And her stare. It seemed like it stared down at your soul. Eventually, he finished eating, then quickly stood up and bowed.

"Thank you for the food." She just nodded and continued eating. Unnerved, Midoriya went upstairs. He looked around, then sat down. He saw a net. A basketball net. It caused him to reminisce about the old days.

The score was 67-62

U.A. was losing. Shiketsu had the lead with 2 minutes to go. The ball was in U.A. hands. The inbound from Kirishima was good, right to the basketball player known as "Deku". Deku dribbled it up the floor, and faced his defender,
Sahit Yukinori. Yukinori swiped to steal the ball, but a swift move dodged the attempt, and Deku put up a 3 point shot. It fell. Shiketsu came down the floor, and "Meatball" put in a layup.

70-65

1 minute left

Deku quickly found hotheaded shooting guard Katsuki Bakugo, and he threw down a dunk. He was fouled as well, and he made the free throw.

70-68

30 seconds left.

Deku intentionally fouled Meatball. He shot and made the first, but missed the second. The ball was rebounded by Tenya Iida, and passed to Deku. He found Minoru Mineta. Though he was a little perv, he was a perv who could shoot. He nailed the three point shot, tying the game. With 15 seconds left, Shiketsu Point guard Sahit Yukinori ran down the court a put in a layup.

73-71

9 seconds left

Kirishima brought it up the court fast. He passed to Bakugo, but defenders collapsed on him. He passed to the only open person.

Deku.

3 seconds left. He passed to Deku.

3

Deku readied the three point shot

2

He jumped, then cocked back his arms in a shooting motion.

1

He shot the ball.

Everything has slowed down for Deku. He was hit by an oncoming freight train known simply as "Beard" by his teammates. A foul was called and the shot fell off the rim. But none of that mattered, as the basketball phenom was on the ground, writhing in pain.

They lost. Deku was too injured to take the shots. Bakugo took the shots, missing two. Midoriya would never play a single pickup game again.

He felt warm arms around his neck.

"I know what you're thinking about. It's ok. I won't leave you because of some Dumb injury. I still love you Izuku." Ochako wiped his tears. "I'll love you no matter what."

Izuku smiled.

"I'm so lucky to have a girlfriend like you." He leaned down and kissed her.

"I hope you marry me someday." Ochako said.

"Me too."