I love you. (Emily Prentiss x Y/N)

You walk into the flower shop. It's early morning before you have to head into work at the BAU. You walk around and pick out the red roses because they're your girlfriends favorite. She always said she loved the red ones because that was her favorite color.

"So who's the special someone that gets these beautiful roses?" The cashier asked with a smile on his face. He seemed happy for 8am in the morning.

You smile softly, "My girlfriend. Today's our 1 year anniversary and she loves red roses."

"She's one lucky girl to have someone like you." He rings them up for you, the smile never leaving his face.

You take the roses, "Actually I'm the lucky one."

You walk out of the store, your head hanging low but still keeping a smile on your face. It was hard to get out of bed these days but you did. You walk a few blocks before switching to the dirt path.

Your shoes get a bit dirty as you continue walking along, before sitting in the grass.

With a heavy heart you look at the gravestone with tears stinging in the back of your eyes. You run your fingers slowly across the name "EMILY PRENTISS"

You begin to cry, "Hey Em. I miss you." Setting down the roses as the words lead your mouth.

"Today would have been one year, you know? One year of us taking on the world together." A tear slides down your cheek and onto the rose petals.

"The team misses you. It's not the same without you here. Even Sergio misses you." You giggle at that, knowing he snuggles into you every night, whining for his Mom.

"You were the only reason I kept going before, how am I supposed to live without you? I'm only doing it so the team doesn't lose someone else."

"I want you to come back to me."

You pull out your gun and place it to your head. Deep down you know you shouldn't be doing this, be hurting other people, but you couldn't keep living like this.

"I love you Emily Prentiss."

Right before you pull the trigger you hear a familiar voice yelling "Y/N! Y/N! Please no!"

You turn around, "Emily?" Standing up quickly you fall into her arms and drop the gun.

"I'm so sorry I left you Y/n. I had no choice. I had to take my death for all of our safeties. But I can be with you now. Forever."

You sob into her chest, missing the warm touch of her hands now finally being returned to you.

You look at her with teary eyes, feeling the most joy you had been able to for 2 months. "I missed you so much. I couldn't do this without you."

"I know Y/n. But I'm here now." A tear slips down her cheek as she runs her fingers through your hair, never wanting to let go.

_______________

Sorry for the short chapter today!
I had this idea for and just wanted to put it out there. Let me know what you think :)