Chapter 2 Seperating

Croc awoke his head pounding with pain and his body aching like crazy. But that didn't matter to him, as long as his family was safe. For now. Muddrop was asleep while she held Terracotta in her arms. The birds squawked over head as the rays of the sun bounced off the gigantic leaves providing a beam of light for the family. Croc weakly stood up and nudged his Muddrop lovingly. Muddrop opened her eyes and smiled as she nudged back weakly.
"How is she?" Croc asked as he stroked his dragonet's head.
Muddrop sighed and lightly traced her talon against Terracotta's wound,
"Not good. The wound it's really really deep. We need help or else she may die."
"Don't think about that. Terracotta will live. She is a strong Dragonet after all." Croc said encouragingly as he held the little dragonet's talons. Her terracotta scales were covered with dried blood including her face while little trickles of blood still flowing out of the wound. Her eyes were closed and her face was tense, like she was still fighting the WeatherWing. Croc stood up and strode towards a rain covered dew leaf. He picked it up and wrapped the leaf around Terracotta's wound like an eyepatch. Croc stood and sat beside Muddrop just resting, replaying the tragic events.
"We have to protect her. If she is wounded again, she will never be able to survive." Croc said quivering.
"But where! will we have to stay on the run until the end of our days?" Muddrop cried. Tears forming.
"Shh. Dear, it will be okay. We don't have to be on the run. We could..."
"Could what?"
Croc sighed and breathed slowly. His face was sullen and his gaze was off.
"I think the best way to keep our Terracotta safe is to take her to the scavenger world." Croc carefully whispered. His face sullen and his eyes drooped.
"NO WE CAN'T! I don't want to lose both of you!" Muddrop exclaimed, breaking down in tears.
"I don't want to do this. I don't want to leave you behind on your own but our dragonet is special. I don't want her to die." Croc said, tears sliding down his cheeks as he hugged Muddrop.
"But I love you so much and Terracotta too! How can I survive my only family leaving."
"I love you too, you are like the world to me. I want to be with you. But me and Terracotta are on the kill list. I don't want to endanger you!"
"Danger list or not! I want to go with you!"
Croc's eyes continued to let out the tears as he cradled his wife.
"It won't work. You are not scavenger, if you go with us you...die."
Muddrop continued to cry in his arms as he rocked her side to side.
"It will be okay. As long as you are in my heart, there is nothing i will every want. You will always be in here." Croc said as he pointed at his heart.
"And you will be in my heart always as well. Scavenger, Dragon or not. You will always be here." Muddrop grabbed Croc's talons and placed them on her heart, while she smiled lovingly.
Croc smiled and placed both of their talons of Terracotta's heart.
"Don't forget her too." Croc said while he nudged Muddrop playfully.
"I will never forget her." Muddrop answered with a chuckle.
Terracotta's eyes opened and she cooed happily. Though she was dirty and wounded, she will was still beautiful.
"I love you Croc."
"I love you too." Croc said.
The two dragons looked into each other's eyes and kissed. Terracotta looked up and smiled while clapping her hands. The parents chuckled and lifted their baby up in the rays of the sun, laughing happily. They played for hours enjoying, the short time they had as a family. Their laughs echoed across the night bringing peace to their wounds. As the sun began to set, Croc gazed at his beautiful Muddrop. Her beauty and love for him was plastered in his heart, but sadness still filled it.
"It's time." Croc whispered his gaze set on the flickering flames.
Tears welled up in Muddrop's eyes as she sobbed quietly, under the wing of her lover. Terracotta watched with curious eyes, just staring at both of them, their hearts breaking to see each other separated. A tear rolled down Terracotta's cheek. She didn't know it, but she was heartbroken. The couple sobbed together, as Terracotta watched. The moons gave a brilliant, bright light, illuminating the sky with wonders. Croc then reached into his pocket attached to his leg and out appeared a necklace. The chain was silver, and the pendant was an emerald. Two dragons circled the emerald, which resembled Croc and Muddrop. Croc smiled and attached the necklace to Muddrop's neck which made her smile back.
"Keep this as a reminder of me. That i will always be with you, no matter what." Croc exclaimed while he looked into her emerald eyes.
Muddrop gazed back into his raven black eyes and placed her Talon on his cheek.
"It will always be with me. I will promise to never take it off."
"I know you won't." Croc answered with a chuckle.
Muddrop kissed him one last time, and took out a small necklace. It was carved so beautifully that it even reflected the moon and the stars. It was fashioned out of pure,whale's bone and was engraved with wavy patterns. In the center was a heart shaped hole which represented healing. She bounded towards Terracotta and gently fastened the necklace on her bloody neck. Terracotta looked up to her mother's eyes and smiled. Muddrop smiled back and kissed Terracotta's snout. Croc nodded towards her gratefully, his eyes shining at the necklace. A perfect present for his daughter.
"Happy Birthday my Terracotta warrior." Muddrop whispered to Terracotta, her Talon on her cheek.
Terracotta leaned forward and nuzzled her back in response. Croc smiled and picked up Terracotta in his arms. He slung his bag over his back and attached Terracotta to his tummy. He gazed into Muddrop's eyes and kissed her again. The two stayed there in the moonlight just enjoying the peaceful moment. Muddrop smiled and kissed Terracotta one last time hoping her dragonet will be safe. Croc looked back at his beautiful wife and unfolded his majestic wings.
"I will always be with you." He said as he locked eyes with her.
Muddrop nodded as she held the necklace in her talons. Croc smiled and leaped off, his wings beating heavenly. He reached the starry sky and headed towards the bright, full moons. Croc looked back at the brown figure in the distance, as a tear rolled down his cheek. They were Separated, and he may never see her again.