Один

"Puedo hablar contigo, Natalya?". (Can I speak to you). Natalya didn't look up from her reflection in the mirror when Mr. Sainz entered the dressing room. Her show was in an hour and she wanted to prepare in silence, alone. "Actually, no". Natalya replied, even though she was a Russian native, she spoke and understood Spanish perfectly. "Come to my office". Mr. Sainz said, his tone a little more urgent and pushing this time, making her eyes glance over to him in the mirror. Natalya put the brush down on the table in front of her, shoving the chair back as she stood up. Carlos looked at her for a second, watching the way her blonde strands waved down her neck and her shoulders, her robe pulled around her petite waist. "To your office?". Natalya reminded him and he nodded, turning around and holding the door open. The music was audible from here, in the back of the club in Madrid.

Natalya started her new job at Mr. Sainz' club last month. Coming from Novosibirsk, the life in Madrid was relatively expensive. Natalya always danced, she likes being in the spotlight, she likes the attention of men, but drunk Russians didn't include that section. It was strange for her to be contacted by Mr. Sainz, who asked her to come work for him in Europe. She needed the money, as simple as it was and she accepted his offer. It was clear to Carlos that Natalya wouldn't always be easy to work with. When coming to Madrid, she made sure her contract included an apartment in the city center too. Carlos admired her courage and her intelligence, yet he was quick to warn her she shouldn't always act like that. Natalya knew his business wasn't clean, but she's smart and she knows when to shut up. Mr. Sainz closed the door behind her when they were both inside. He sighed softly, moving behind his desk.

"Do you know this man, Natalya?". Carlos asked, holding up a picture. Natalya sat on the chair in front of his desk, reaching for the picture. She looked at the man, her head cocking sideways. She had seen a lot of male faces the past couple weeks. He had sparkling blue eyes, for a mobster or colleague of Carlos he looked relatively friendly. His hair was brown and slightly curly, his suit looked expensive and he wore a ring around one of his fingers. "No lo conozco, Mr. Sainz". (I don't know him). Natalya shook her head, her manicured nails gently tapping against the paper before she handed him the picture. "This is one of my partners, Mr. Norris. He's quite young". Carlos started. "But he took over the crew from his father last year. It shows how much respect he has earned. I tried to take him under my wing, which surprisingly wasn't necessary as he's smart and he knows a lot". Carlos continued while Natalya listened.

"This mobster is a threat as he has connections in both Madrid and London, large mafia cities on my map". Carlos leaned back in his chair. "Mr. Norris knows how to keep a secret, he knows how to make secret bonds and he knows how to stay off the radar so well, it's...". He nearly crushed his pen in his fist. "It's enough now. The youngster must learn his place below me". Carlos gritted. Natalya let out a small laugh. "What?". Mr. Sainz snarled. "He's your partner, you could've find a way to kill him". She replied. "No. Our crews would be in war". Carlos said. "And if that happens you lose". Natalya guessed and from his silent response, she knew she was right. "To get to business". Carlos folded his hands together. "I want everything he has. And it's not as simple as you might think. I need every bit of information about his secretive business".

"I'm not going to risk my life for you". Natalya stood up already and so did he. "That's not what I'm asking of you. His hand curled around her arm. "What do you want me to do?". She had asked, looking back into his eyes, not diverting her look anywhere else. "Seduce him, pretty girl". Mr. Sainz twirled a strand of her blonde hair around his fingers next. "Make him desire you, make him long for a forbidden love". Natalya cocked her head sideways, prying her arm from his grip and she made her way to sit down on his desk, her legs crossed over each other. "Once a mobster's heart belongs to a woman, she will become the real queen of his crew". Carlos said, causing a shiver to run up her spine. "Play his heart and become the winner". Natalya looked back at him. "Do you think you can do that?". He asked. "I don't work for free, Mr. Sainz". She sighed and he nodded.