they brought dinner!

this idea was from  salty_mochi1 , big thanks to them :D

prompt: What about Fatgum and Suneater going over to surprise Kirishima with dinner (maybe after a successful fight? Or maybe no reason at all?) and walking in on kirishima bleaching his roots to dye them??

---

 It had been the night of October 16th, Kirishima's birthday. He had spent the day with his friend's in the dorms, getting way too much attention and a small smile from Bakugou. Also some gifts, one which was a new kind of hair dye Mina had found, which was said to last longer and had more pigment, exactly what he needed. He was excited to try it out, so he went to his room while the rest of his classmate's watched the Crimson Riot documentary which Kirishima knew by heart. And while Midoriya took a bunch of notes on the pro hero. 

  Kirishima had taken a quick shower, grabbing  a small towel that he used whenever he was dying his hair, the towel originally white and now almost fully red. He had put on a pair of powdered gloves and grabbed his bleach his applicator. His roots were a deep ebony, a reminder of how he looked before UA, something almost foreign to him. It was strange to think that a mere few months ago, he'd been a scrawny kid with two friends and an inferiority complex. Now he was stronger, happier, manlier

 The thought made him smile. He'd grown so many friends. Mina, a girl with pink curly hair, an attitude, and a talent in dance. Sero, a chill friend who was always ready to hang out. Kaminari, a guy who desperately flirted with everybody and was always ready to try and beat Kirishima at video games. Bakugou, someone who knew and appreciated Kirishima's strength. Tamaki-senpai, somebody really strong who he was really happy to be able to be close to. 

  He dipped two fingers into vasoline, spreading the substance on his part and hairline, so they didn't get permanently stained. He grabbed the rectangular brush, the few bristles dipping into the plastic tray with bleach and brushing against his scalp. The slight sting always gave him a little spark of joy. 

  He used one hand to type the passcode into his phone, picking it up and trying to scroll through his playlist, deciding what song to choose. He ended up picking the song from the Wii Weather Channel, his mind filling with memories of his childhood. He put it at top volume, knowing nobody would be able to hear it from his dorm. 

Maybe he had played it too loud. 

He hadn't heard the heavy yet fragile steps towards his dorm, heard someone put a key through the keyhole, and walk into the bathroom, dropping a plastic bag on the floor. 

"Hey, Kirishi-OH."

His hand stopped while he was halfway through applying the bleach, seeing the reflection of somebody tall in a yellow jacket, as well as somebody much shorter in a blue sweater. 

"O-oh! Hey, Tamaki-senpai, hey Fat!"

Shit. Nobody had known that his whole "Red Riot" image and flaming red hair had been, technically, fake.

"Happy Birthday, kiddo! What'cha..what'cha doing?"

"Just, uh...you know.."

Tamaki lifted his head up, lifting his fist in front of his mouth.

"Uh, c-correct me if i'm wrong, but are you dying your hair?"

What could he say? It's not like hey could lie after they'd caught him in the act.

He exhaled. "Yeah, my hair's not really red, it's black. I've just been hoping people wouldn't question it. Pretty unmanly, huh?"

Fatgum immediately tensed up, walking over to Kirishima and crouching down. "Hey, don't say that about yourself. You're the manliest hero I know, and knowing what precautions to take to help yourself is just proof of how strong you are!"

"Yeah, thanks Fat."

"You're really strong Kirishima-kun, and that won't change." 

He whipped his head around to see his senpai slightly smiling at him. That filled him with confidence, knowing his senpai had a somewhat difficult time saying things like that. 

"Thanks, Senpai! I won't let you down!"

"Hell yeah!" Fatgum said, getting up from his spot in front of Kirishima. "Now, we made Gyudon for dinner," He said. Fatgum reached into the plastic bag, revealing a bowl filled with rice, simmered beef, and egg. ",we'll leave it here so you can eat once your finished, wouldn't want you eating hair dye."

"Woah! Thanks, guys, this looks amazing!"

"And hopefully it tastes just as good, got this recipe from Lunch Rush."

"Bet it will...Hey, thanks again for stopping by. This day has just been..amazing, really, and this made it so much better!"

"Aww, you're gonna make me cry. Just know that I, as well as Tamaki, are always here for you, food reasons or otherwise." He said with a chuckle.

"Now, we should be going back. I have a meeting I'm supposed to go to and Sun here needs to get back to his dorms by 8. Happy birthday, kiddo, and see ya tomorrow!"

"Bye guys!" Kirishima said, waving at them as they excited his dorm. He sighed once he saw them leave, silently hoping Fatgum wouldn't get stopped by Midoriya bombarding him with questions. He put the brush back in his head, feeling that sting he felt moments ago. Something felt fuzzy in the back of his mind, like he'd forgotten something.

Wait, how'd he get a key to my dorm?