Wish: Junnie & Hyunnie

Start from the beginning

"What do you need?"

Instead of answering him, Jaehyun turns his head towards the girl in front of them. His eyes sharp eyeing the lollita girl up and down. She's probably from cheerleading squad. The girl shivering under his cold gazes. Then, Jaehyun smile sweetly to her, "Sorry, did I disturb you two?"

The female student quickly shook her head, "No—. It's nothing. I'm going back inside first." Then, she stormed off.

"Jaehyun?" Jangjun asked for his attention.

"Yes?" Jaehyun keep smiling sweetly.

Jangjun squinted his eyes, "How long are you going to hold me like this?" He pointed at Jaehyun's hands on his muscle arm.

Jaehyun jerked away, "Sorry."

"Why are you wanted to see me anyway?"

Jaehyun's eyes trailed on the girl's back retreating inside the building, "Nothing, it's settled."

🎳🎳🎳

The school ended. Unlike usually, Jaehyun didn't go to Jangjun's class because he has business to settle. He's going to meet the lollita girl, Haera.

Haera was surprised when she saw Jaehyun was waiting for her at the locker room. She wanted nothing but not associating with Jaehyun. He was intimidating this afternoon. She doesn't know why but her instinct said to stay away from this guy.

"Bae Haera?"

"Yes?" She gulped.

He smirked, "I suggest you stay away from Jangjun or I'll report to the school about your brother's work."

That's all she needs to understand that Jangjun is off limits or her brother, Bae Seungmin's future as lightweight boxer is done for.

🎳🎳🎳

"This is weird." Jangjun said out of blue.

Jaehyun keep munching his snack, "What?"

"The girls."

Jaehyun almost chocked, "What about them?"

"They're avoiding me like a plague." Jangjun's eyes were eyeing his fangirls that really obedient lately. They stay outside the gymnasium instead of making noises inside.

"Ah, they probably don't want to distract you." Jaehyun brushed off the topic.

"But, I'm actually feel more spirited when they shout my name." Jangjun face looks solemn.

Jaehyun feels irritated, "What? Am I as your supporter not enough?!"

"It's not like that Jaehyun, I—"

Jaehyun stood up, "I thought you like me to always support you on your tournament. You said that yourself."

"Jaehyun you're different from them. What I means is —"

"Why? Because I'm not a female?"

And that's a biggest mistake Jaehyun ever did. He covered his mouth in shock. He finally realise what he feels towards Jangjun all these times. Then, he ran away, away from Jangjun.

🎳🎳🎳

A day. A week then it turned to a month. Jaehyun been avoiding Jangjun. It's easier when he was busy with the selection. It's lunch time but Jaehyun rather spend the time at rooftop for some fresh air.

"How long are we going to play this mouse and cat?" A voice startled the calm Jaehyun. He turned around just to meet eyes to eyes with Jangjun.

"Are you not going to say anything?" Jangjun asked when he got no response.

Jaehyun turn back his body and clasped his hands on the rails, "You not suppose to be here."

Jangjun went to stand next to him, "That's mean. You not owning this place."

"That's not what I means, shouldn't you suppose to practice now?"

Jangjun chuckled, "You owe an apology."

"For what?"

"For treating our friendship like a piece of pebble on the road?"

Jaehyun looks at him sharply, "I never—"

"Then, why are you running away?" Jangjun's voice becomes soft.

Jaehyun takes a deep breath, "Because what I want from you isn't friendship anymore...."