Esqueleto

Me and Miguel are taking turns punching the dummy when he goes up to punch I do push-ups "hey you two don't happen to have any friends who want to learn karate do you?" Dad asks "I just moved here I don't know anyone" I say he nods then looks at Miguel.

"Aw what am I saying you don't have any friends sorry" he says looking at the paper "hey sensei when we will learn some kicking? I saw this YouTube video of some guy breaking boards and it looked badass"he asks dad I look at him.

Yeah no shit kicking is badass but you're not ready" he says "what about me I can kick" I say to him "I know but I want to get Miguel up to speed with your skills and besides if I don't get more students in here I'm not going to be able to teach you anything"dad says to us as I stand up.

"You've thought about advertising right?" Miguel asks I "you do know you have to advertise a new business" I say to dad he looks at both of us "yeah duh of course" he says me and Miguel look at each other and shake our heads.
—————
Dad said training was canceled today so after school I had a nap I wake up to dad throwing water on my face "get up Miguel is waiting in the car we do have training today" he says "dad you could have just i don't know some anything else" I ask he laughs you got to admit you've always wanted to do that I nod and get up to get dressed.

We drive to the school and go to the pool there "sensei what are we doing here" Miguel asks "yeah dad you said we're going to learn to kick but why are we at a pool?" I ask "are we even supposed to be in here?" Miguel asks "yeah don't worry about it my buddy's the night janitor" dad says to us as we walk to the side of the pool.

"All right lets see your hands" he says to both of us as he ties both of our hands "what are you doing?" Miguel asks "when you're in a fight your first instinct is to use your hands right? You got to unlearn that, and think with your legs" he says and I take the hint I know what's coming.

"How do I think with my legs" Miguel asks "well you just uh....." is all I hear as I get pushed into the pool I kick my legs and get to the top and dad smiles "good job Damon"he says I nod but Miguel isn't coming up dad pick his head up "I'm drowning" is all he can say "drowning is for pussies all right? Don't be a pussy! Use your legs he says before he lets him go and helps me out.

We both watch then dad turns "I should have asked if he knew how to swim" he tells me "yeah that would've been my first thought" I say that's when he pulls him up again.

"Please not again I'll die" he says "cobra Kai never dies say it" he tells him "cobra Kai never dies" he says it but from drowning his voice it all like shortness of breath "like your life depends on it!" Dad says again then Miguel says it right "COBRA KAI NEVER DIES"he screams I clap and nod we are in business.

"I'm not gonna help you this time you have all the power in your legs you need use it to kick your way up understand?" Dad asks as he's about to drop Miguel "yes sensei" he drops him we sit and Miguel slowly rises he gets to the top and I clap and give him praise then he make me do it again for 10 minutes then we have to run away because of course dad lied.

"I wish I could show my mom what I was doing on those boards but if I did she would kill me" Miguel says after our lesson I nod dad walks out looking at a paper "what are you doing" Miguel asks him "nothing put your costume on we're driving you to that dance and we are picking up more students" dad says as Miguel gets up and puts a like bed sheet over his head.

I look at dad and he is clearly confused "what the hell is that" dad asks "it's my Halloween costume" Miguel tell us "my yaya made it started off as dead pool then I think it was Spider-Man then it turned into some generic superhero " he says as he puts his arms through the sleeves "and a poor one at that you're poor-man" dad says with a smirk.

Well I can't let you go out like that we have a reputation to uphold" he says to us "what do you suggest" I ask as Miguel nods.

—————
We walk into the gym me and Miguel are in skeleton costumes I have to admit this looks cool as shit.

Miguel runs over to the other nerds I take a look around and see Daniel Larusso staring at some girl in a Lakers cheer leader costume first I'm thinking creepy pervert that I remember he had a daughter and that's who he must be staring at she's hot 100% of that is all her mother.

I go out to help dad put up the posters on every locker we are almost done when we see Daniel run up to us "what do you think you two are doing" he asks "what does it look like" I say and dad smirks at me "promoting my business why don't you try minding yours?" Dad says walking towards him and just like in the dojo I'm right behind him.

"Minding mine y..you know what look this is...this is ridiculous ok? We can both be adults I just don't know why you'd ever wanna bring back cobra Kai after what your sensei did to you" he says to us "cause I'm not kreese and the lessons worked" dad says as I nod "they still work" I say and Daniel looks at me and sighs.

"Strike first no mercy real good lessons if you think I'm gonna let you fill these kids heads with that garbage your nuts man" he says to dad "is that why you're following me around?" Dad asks "I'm. Or following you around I'm here to...." he looks behind us I turn around to see his daughter with that guy who bully's Miguel "you know you have to get of school property ok you can't be here ok I'm serious" is all he says before he runs off "I know your serious" dad says as we both start to laugh and finish putting up the posters

Dad was looking at a picture in a trophy case when 4 guys walkout of the boys locker room we walk in to find Miguel on the floor pretty beat up "there dead" is all I say as we leave.