𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐏𝐭. 𝟏

Ev's POV:

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me and El." I said. "Building something... is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked. "He must be." Nancy said. "So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas said, pacing back and forth behind me. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike said as he sat in front of me, holding my hands in his. "He's building it to stop Ev and El." Will said. "Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike said.

"Like, royally." Lucas said. "And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But since Ev found out about it, if their out of the way—" Mike said as Lucas finished for him. "Game over." Lucas said. "He also said he was gonna kill all of you." I said with a shaky voice. Everyone widened their eyes. Mike held my hands tighter, but not too tight.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." Max sarcastically said. Nancy furrowed her brows and walked over to the window. "Do you guys hear that?" Nancy asked. I sat up a little bit. "It's just the fireworks." Jonathan said. "Billy... when he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked. I nodded. Mike let go of my hands as he looked around. I saw Will reach his hand up and touch the back of his neck. "He knows we're here." Will said.

Jonathan opened the door and we all walked outside. Me and El were in front of everyone to protect them. I saw the Mind Flayer screeching while knocking down the trees in it's way. I shivered and widened my eyes in fear. Mike grabbed my hand and ran inside, along with everyone else.

Nancy and Jonathan were outside getting other things. Me and Mike put a table up to cover the window. "Yeah. That's good like that." Mike said. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek which made him blush. Everyone else was putting things up to cover open places where they could easily get hurt. "Hey, get away from the windows." Nancy said. Me and Mike nodded and walked over to the rest of the group who was huddled together.

We were all panting as we heard rumbling. "It's close." Will said. I heard branches snapping and leaves rustling. A glass fell off a thing and broke. Everyone looked around as it went silent. "Where'd it go?" Max asked. Suddenly a tentacle from the Mind Flayer broke through the wall. Me and everyone else backed up against the wall. The tentacle was mainly coming for me and El. I widened my eyes and put my arms out to block my friends.

Jonathan took the ax and hit the tentacle. Jonathan pulled it out. Jonathan went to hit it again but it flew Jonathan into the wall. Nancy shot the tentacle a few times before she ran out. Nancy widened her eyes in fear and backed up against wall as the creature went to hurt her, El stepped in and brought it away from her face. El cut the tentacle off. The other half of the tentacle retracted and almost hit Max but she moved in enough time.

"Holy shit." Max said before a tentacle broke through a wall that was above her. Max ducked as El stopped the tentacle. I saw another tentacle break through the window which made me step in and stop it from getting El. Me and El both cut off the tentacles with a scream. I didn't get enough time to react as a longer tentacle broke through the ceiling and grabbed me by my left leg.

I fell on the ground as I was dragged up into the air. I was screaming and crying in fear as Mike grabbed my arms. "Ev!" Mike shouted. Everyone joined in and grabbed my arms to stop me from getting killed. I held onto everyone as tight as I could. "Pull!" Mike shouted. "Nancy, shoot it!" Jonathan shouted. The creature snarled and roared as Nancy shot it. "Come on! Lucas!" Max shouted.

Lucas ran over and grabbed the ax as he jumped on a wooden crate. Lucas yelled as he hit the tentacle. "Pull!" Max shouted. I screamed in pain as the creature held it's grip on my leg tighter. Lucas brought his ax down one more time and Nancy shot it one more time before the tentacle broke and I fell down into Mikes arms.

"Ev! Ev, are you okay?" Mike asked as he moved my hair out of my face. All I could do was weakly nod. Mike looked down in confusion before he sat up and pulled the creature out of my leg, that had a part still attached to my leg. I screamed in pain and cried harder. The monster snarled as it looked down at me and El. El stood up from beside me and screamed loudly as she split the creatures head in half.

El fell back in Max's arms but El quickly stood back up as Mike helped me stand up. Mike and Max wrapped my arms around their shoulders as we all rushed to get outside. "Go, go, go!" Nancy shouted. "Come on, come on, go!" Jonathan shouted. "Go!" Nancy shouted. "Hurry up! Come on!" Jonathan shouted. "Everybody out!" Mike shouted. "Go!" Jonathan shouted as he opened the door.

"Go, come on!" Nancy shouted. "Go, go, go, go!" Jonathan shouted as we all ran outside to the car. "Come on!" Lucas shouted. "Come on!" Nancy shouted. "Come on! Come on!" Lucas shouted as he opened the door and Will got in. "Get in. Right here." Jonathan said as he opened the passenger door. I wailed in pain as Mike carefully set me down in the trunk.

Max sat across from us and Mike sat down as he closed the door. Mike put my legs over his for more support. "Drive! Drive!" Mike shouted. Nancy started the car and sped off. I could hear the creature roaring in pain from behind us.