Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"You're not getting out of this car until you tell me what's going on. I want an explanation as to why I got dragged out of bed... and I'd quite like to know why you look like you've seen a ghost as well."

"I'm sorry... I really should learn to drive and stop relying on you." I tried to smile.

"Oh shut up Jakers, I don't really care about that and you know it. Tell me what's wrong?"

I suddenly wanted to cry more than anything, but I didn't know why. I had left Perrie alone and upset. And why? Not because we'd fought or argued. Because she told me she loved me.

"I've got a problem, Lauren." I groaned.

"Well what?"

I told her all about my night with Perrie. When I told her about Perrie declaring her love, she choked on the can of red bull she had just raised to her lips.

"She's in love with you?!"

"That's what she said."

"What? Don't you believe her?"

I struggled to answer.

"Help me out here, Jakers. She actually told you she loves you?"

"She thinks she's in love with me, those were her words."

"Bloody hell, you've made a hell of an impression on her! How long have you known her?!"

"I don't know, I don't know anything at that moment... what do I do?"

"Wait... She told you she loves you and... my god, what did you say?"

"I can't even remember. A load of shit probably. Then I rang you."

Lauren looked even more shocked. "You just left?"

"What was I supposed to do?!" I said loudly. "She can't possibly be serious! We had a bit to drink tonight, she just-"

"Jakob, why the hell would she lie?"

"Well how the hell can she be? She doesn't know me Lauren!"

"That's not the impression I get." Lauren said. "Don't you think you might've... overreacted? Not even overreacted, just- well, it's not really the standard reaction when someone tells you they love you."

"Thank you for picking me up."

"It's fine..." Lauren said, looking puzzled. I quickly flicked the lock and got out of the car.

"I'll phone you tomorrow or something okay? Don't worry, I'm sorry... I'll talk to you tomorrow. I need to think."

Lauren nodded and turned her key in the ignition. "I think you need to talk to Perrie as well." She said before backing up and disappearing around the corner.

**

An hour later, I was lying wide awake in bed. I was supposed to be getting up for work in a few hours. I had one missed call from Perrie and a message from just a few minutes previously.

Hot Date: Are you home okay? X

I wanted to call her, speak to her and tell her I was sorry. But what else was I supposed to say? To say I was confused was an understatement. But right then I wanted nothing more than to run all the way back to her. All I could hear over and over again in my head was the sound of her voice, filled with sobs. I had done that. To someone who had been nothing less than amazing with me.

Me: I'm home. I'm sorry Perrie.

Hot Date: Good. Call me when you're ready to and take care xx