fourteen.

⁺◟ chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen. . .
it's the fake dating
for me !

 ꜜ❝ it's the fake datingfor me ! ❞

3 july 2020

students pack their belongings into their bags before heading out the classroom. hyori grabs her books before placing them inside her bag, closing it afterwards with a sigh. finals are right around the corner which means everyone's busy studying; hyori has been studying ever since the start of july, which was two days ago. just imagining her mom nagging at her for not getting good marks on her exams already gives her a headache.

"are you ready to go?" asks hyunjoon, tapping on the girl's desk to get her attention. eric looks at her from behind hyunjoon, his heart falling to the ground when hyori starts to laugh guiltily, her hand flying up to scratch the back of her neck.

"haha..." she laughs, flashing them a guilty smile. "well, funny you should say that... so, here's the thing—"

"ready to go?" asks sunwoo, leaning from behind the girl to grab her bag, swinging it over his shoulder along with his own. he looks at hyunjoon and eric, a 'yo' falling past his lips.

hyunjoon and eric stare at hyori as if they're being betrayed.

"see you later, traitor." says eric, turning around and leaving the classroom. hyunjoon sighs before bidding hyori and sunwoo goodbye and trailing after eric.

"this sucks," the girl says, frowning as she and sunwoo walk out the classroom.

sunwoo pats her head. "don't worry about it. in the long run, this will all be temporary and then you won't have to lie to them anymore?"

hyori sighs. "yeah... i guess so."

they round a corner as they walk off campus, heading towards the library. when they arrive, sunwoo pushes the door open, and as hyori takes a step forwards to get inside the building, sunwoo shuts the door on her. hyori looks at him, gaping. he sticks his tongue out at her before heading off towards the right in search of a table for them to sit at. grumbling, hyori pushes the door open, spotting sunwoo at the first table by the door. she takes a seat next to him as he drops their bags on the table, fishing out his books from his bag. they take out their supplies and begin to study.

however, hyori feels her eyelids grow heavy with sleep after a few minutes of studying. she rests her head on the table, turning to look up at sunwoo.

"hey, woo?" she says.

sunwoo hums, glancing at the girl. he drops his pencil and shifts to look at her as he props his elbow on the table, resting his chin in his hand.

"what time is it?"

he looks above the girl, staring at the clock that hangs on the white walls. "eight forty-nine."

she sighs, closing her eyes. "it's that late?"

sunwoo smiles at her sleepy-state. "yeah," he replies, staring at her for a few seconds. sunwoo then starts to play with the girl's hair. "hey, juju?"

"yeah?"

"wanna be my fake girlfriend?"

hyori opens her eyes, flashing sunwoo a goofy smile. "thought you'd never ask, you stupid clown."

sunwoo chuckles. "alrighty, juju." he says, standing up. "let's call it a day and go home, yeah?"

the girl whines. "can you pack my things please? i'm exhausted."

"from what?" sunwoo asks. "breathing?"

"fuck you," hyori says. "i'm not giving you the answers to anything anymore. you're just like joon and eric..."

"no," says sunwoo, dragging out the o as he puts hyori's stuff back into her bag. "i lied. spare me please. i can't afford to fail the exams." he hoists hyori up from her chair, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"you're really out here exploiting me in this friendship, huh? using me to get the answers to the homework free of charge... i can really feel the love right here." she says, yawning as she leans onto sunwoo's shoulder.

"i think that by friendship, you mean relationship instead, sweet cheeks." sunwoo glances at hyori from the corner of his eye, catching the deadpan look on her face.

she looks at him, blinking once. "you're dumb."

"yeah? well i'm your dumb guy now," he grins, pinching her cheek.

whining, hyori makes a feeble attempt to swat the boy's hand away. "can we go home now, woo? i'm about to pass out from fatigue."

"aye aye captain."