Chapter 14: When wrath unfolds

Happy Chinese New Year to me!!! And good for you readers, since you're getting a chapter~

I decided to ditch most of the civil war part, so... Yeah.

Btw, the council or whatever they are... Well, basically the UN does not know about the reincarnators. Fury is kinda pissed at them so he does not report everything.

Since the fall of SHIELD, those agents who are loyal to SHIELD have all been taken under the wing of Stark Industries. However, a few months after Ultron, the UN forced the Avengers to sign an agreement or face prosecution. So the team split.

_______________________________

Scott Lang was in a dilemma. His nephew from his ex-wife's side was supposed to be visiting. However, since it's his turn to watch over his daughter, his ex-wife suggested that he should watch her nephew this weekend too. Since they're both about the same age, she says. Sure... An 8 year old and a 5 year old is considered about the same age...

From what he heard, his nephew's name was Calvin. However, that was not what the little midget said his name was. Instead, he got an 'it's Xanxus, trash.' from the little guy. And that was in front of his mother!

Which is unfortunate because Scott has this sweet, sweet rebuke of replying 'Nice to meet you, Xanxus Trash.' churning inside of him, unable to escape his strained smile. So, he had to go for the second best option, giving a questioning look to the mother, of which she promptly ignored, choosing to inform Scott of the little devil's playdate today.

Scott glances at the little brat at his doorway, thinking how someone as uncouth as him could even make a friend. It's either his friend is an idiot or that the 'friend' is just as infuriating as the little git. He hopes it's the former, that way it would make his time as babysitter not as tiring.

Unfortunately, this is just a pipe dream - the arrogant prick's friend is even more of a headache than he is.

And so, this was how Scott got into this situation - him staring at his nephew, trying to look as stern as possible (which we all know is definitely a futile attempt), while his nephew stared back with an imposing momentum not weaker than his own despite his petite build of a five year old. In fact, it seemed to be stronger.

He really, really needs a break.

__________________________________

Said mini terrorist was planning a playdate today, but apparently he got whisked off to Scott's house before the little terror could protest. So now the playdate is in his house...

If the almost levitating knifes in the house does not indicate how the playdate will go then Scott does not know what will.

He now understands why he got dumped with this little psychopath- it's because his psychopathic friend is coming too! And his ex-sister-in-law does not want to deal with two in one house if she could help it.

"Cassie, no. You are absolutely not going to learn magic from the little prince."

"But he's a prince!" Cassie whines. "Who had magic!" she persuades.

"No, he is not a prince. In the first place, why would you even think that he is one!?"

"He's got a tiara." She points towards Abel's head. "And he said that he's one."

Scott felt like pulling his hair out.

______________________________

A few months went by and Scott thinks that he finally got the hang of negotiating with his nephew.

At least that's what Scott thinks as he looks through the window, watching as the three kids sprinted across the garden.

If Xanxus could hear his thoughts, he would throw a look of contempt towards Scott while kindly informing him that he's delusional. They were not playing - they were training their new Varia recruit's stamina. If he saw them running with her, it just means that they were training themselves too.

____________________________

"Why are there three kids behind you?" Steve asked.

"Wha-what kids...?" Scott turned his head towards his car, only to see two little rascals and his precious little princess standing there.

He froze.

"Ushishishishishi~ Looks like this prince can let loose today." Belphegor commented, ruby-red eyes shining in excitement. Either that or bloodlust, it's hard to tell...

Scott snapped out of his reverie, "No, no, no, no, no." He mumbled as he turned to Cassie. "Princess, baby. Why are you here?! How did you get here? You've got to go back now. I'm calling Margaret to pick all of you up, right now."

Standing beside Steve, Hawkeye suddenly had a feeling of dejavú. At this point, the creepy blond with the tiara abruptly speeded towards him, stopping inches from Clint's face and commented, "Ushishishishi, looks like we have a baby storm here~ Naa, bossu."

...the hell.

The kid is flying!!!

Wait. Red flames...

"Just a random question, are you by any chance related to Byakuran in any way at all?" Clint cautiously probed.

The blond looked shocked for a moment before showing the creepiest grin Clint had ever seen in his life. The hovering blond then looked back towards the scary looking kid and said, "Oi, boss. Looks like this one's taken."

The creepy kid's 'boss' slowly opened his eyes and gave a Sasuke-esque "Hn."

As if receiving a secret signal from that hum, the kid with the cheshire grin retreated towards the now dubbed 'boss'. Calmly as if practiced, he stepped back just behind the raven haired kid; close enough to react if any abrupt situation happens but far enough that he does not intrude into his bosses' space.

Steve looks at Clint skeptically, "Them?"

Clint looks resigned, "Yes, them." As if remembering something, Clint snapped his head towards them and probed, "What group did you say you three were under again?"

Once again Xanxus slowly opened his eyes and glared at the archer before closing them again. A few moments of silence permeated the parking lot. As if making up his mind Xanxus finally replied, "Varia."

...Varia.

If Clint has not remembered wrong, they are Vongola's elite assassin squad. Thinking back at how abnormal some of the reincarnators were, Clint slowly took a stepped back, just in case. Then again, based on the speed the kid crossed that 15 meters, so he doubts it is going to help much.

Steve looked at him in confusion, "Varia?"

"Based on the crash course history I got from Byakuran, apparently they are the elite assassin squad of the Vongola. They're known for their impeccable record of successful assassination." Clint replied while trying hard not to despair about his situation. Letting out a sign, he mumbled, "Hopefully they're not going to cause too much problems."

But, the Varia not causing any problem? He might as well wish that this escape is a success, at least that have a possibility of being fulfilled.

Word count: 1162 words.