Ch.1|A Warm Welcome Home

" Dazai..."

A small faint whisper lingered in his ear. He opened his eyes to see his darling, (Y/N), looking over him, her face almost touching his. She let out a soft giggle, lowering her face down closer to him. Smiling, he moved his hand from his lap and up to her face. The bandages on his arms started to droop down off of his arms, but he didn't care. A short moment with her was all that seemed to matter. His fingers moved to the strands of her hair, moving it out of her eyes. He moved his hand down to touch her face. Just an second of contact to her beautiful skin, the feeling would make his heart jolt. His rough calloused fingers moved before...

She was no longer there.

...

The loud honk of a truck horn sounded, waking up the brunette from his slumber. He sat up from the futon, as his chocolate haired locks covered his face. Letting out a groan, he felt the vibration on his side, it was his phone. Flipping it open, there was a long line of notifications from his coworker and partner, Kunikida.

" Kunikida: Oi! Get up you lazy oaf!"
" 3 missed calls from Kunikida"
" Kunikida: If you're not coming now, at least text back at say you're coming at 10!"
" 1 voicemail from Kunikida"

His eyes continued to travel as his finger touched the small mouse. It was all messages from Kunikida, that was until...

" Belladonna: I'm coming home today!"

Dazai widened his eyes, feeling a smile start to grow on his face. He scrolled once again, eager to see another message:

" Belladonna: Make sure you feed Mitsu-ah! I Love You!~"

He moved to open his phone, sending her a small message of love back before standing up. A faint mewl was heard from down below, as he looked where the sound was coming from. her name was Mitsu, a small black cat with a white spot over her body. She was a young cat that the two had picked up two years ago when she was an abandoned kitten. Sure, he didn't like pets much, but he decided to take care of the small feline. Her eyes were a beautiful blue, which made him think she was meant to live with them. It was the same blue that'd he'd worn on his pendant, and (Y/N) with her necklace.

He picked the small cat up," Alright, alright. Let's get you fed." She let out another mew, which caused him to move his eyes to the several sake bottles that laid down in a neat line.

" Ah... that."

--

It was a rather busy day at the agency. Agency members and interns a like were racing around the office with reports and papers. The chime of a phone rung every couple minutes, as someone answered the phone while writing down notes scribbled down on a report. The noise of fingers typing on a keyboard meddled in with the rest of the sounds in the room.

" Dazai, it's quite unusual of you to be working," the young boy with silver hair and uncut bangs commented. Nakajima Atsushi, a kind boy of eighteen, he was new to the agency at the time. " I just want to help out my fellow coworkers is all, Atsushi," the man said with a sly smirk on his face. " I know why he's so uppity today," a blonde man said behind him. Kunikida Doppo, a stern young man who stuck to his ideals.

Atsushi turned to the man with a curious expression," Oh...?" Kunikida looked down in his watch," She should be arriving in a couple seconds." " She?," Atsushi repeated to himself curiously. Dazai stood up from his desk, moving away from his laptop. He put his hand in his pockets as his lips curved into a smile. The door handle creaked opened, as Kunikida counted the seconds before the figure walked in. A girl of twenty-three with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes. She wore a white button up with cuffs and a blue skirt that fell at her ankles. A silver chain necklace hung down her neck with a small pendant that was the same color as the one on Dazai's bolo tie. She looked angelic almost.