chapter six

Chapter 6:

Lincoln's POV:

I felt so happy at that moment. Aria had smiled at me, granted it was very small, but it was smile none the less. And boy was it beautiful, she was beautiful. "I can hardly believe you could let Aria go Lincoln," Marcus stated, "because normally mates are constantly together especially when a males mate is still unmarked."

I sighed, "I know and it is very hard for me right now not to turn around and go drag her back her, but I also know that she needs to be with her family. Those scars and bruises that covered her puts on edge though. She wouldn't tell me who gave them to her, but I know I need to find out soon."

"Yah, those bruises on her neck looked pretty fresh. Are you sure it was okay to let her go home? We don't know where she got them from so how do we know home is a safe place for Aria?" Jordan piped in. Anger and confusion started to consume my mind, "Damn it," I said, "Jordan your right, but I promised her I would let her go home. Ugh, why is everything so complicated?"

"How about we get to the hotel and grab stuff so we can stake out Aria's house in shifts to make sure she is okay?" Marcus voiced. My wolf barked inside my head Yes, we need to watch over our mate.  "Okay, lets head ba-" I started to say when I heard Aria scream in my head. I almost lost control of the car, but managed to pull over to the side of the road. I grabbed my head as Aria continued to scream in pain, Aria! Aria are you okay. Damn it whats going on? Where are you? I said back in my mind. All I got in reply was, oh my gosh someone help me. I gritted my teeth as I whipped the car around and started to head back to Aria's while trying to connect with her thinking, hold on we're coming.

"Whoa Lincoln whats going on? Is Aria okay?" Marcus demanded. "Aria's in danger and needs our help. When I find who hurt her their gunna wish they were never born," I seethed as I gripped the steering wheel tighter and sped up.

**************************************

We pulled up to a house on a bare street where I could hear Aria's screams coming from and burst from the car, not even bothering to take the key out of the ignition first. I kicked down the brown door easily and was assaulted by the smell of blood mixed with another man and Aria's fear. 

"Get the hell away from me," I heard Aria scream and I ran down a long hall into what looked like a kitchen that had been torn apart. On the title floor was an older man on top of Aria trying to cut her with a knife.

I all I saw was red as I quickly crossed the room and knocked the man off Aria. The man looked at me surprised and then glared at me, "What you want this little wh*re first before I finish her? She's not that good, you know." I growled and punched him straight in the face, "Don't you dare talk about my mate like that you piece of crap."

The sound of bone breaking was heard and the man screamed clutching his nose. He was holding onto his nose in one hand and the other was holding him up by the sink, "Your gunna regret that boy. That little b*tch is mine and no matter where you go your life's going to be a living hell."

I pulled my fist back ready to throw another punch when I felt someone on holding me from behind, "No, please don't Lincoln. Leave it be. Go before the cops come and he puts you in jail. He has friends in high places and will make life horrible for you, so leave while you can. Please," Aria pleaded at me as she clutched me from behind.

"Little wh*ore is smart you know, go now and I won't call the cops on you," the man said at me with a smirk on his face despite the blood still dripping from his nose. I turned around and knocked the legs out from Aria as I situated her in my arms. I could see blood covered all over her and a bad wound to her right side bleeding. She need medical attention fast, I thought as I turned back to the man glaring and growled, "Aria is mine. I'm taking her with me. Call the cops if you want. But your going to pay later for hurting her, mark my words".

The man sneered at me, "You've got some balls boy, but your going to regret crossing me. Aria belongs with me. I own her. Go now and we will see who is the bigger fish." I didn't even bother to reply just spun around and stalked out towards the door.

I saw Marcus and Jordan had fought down a couple of guys who where laying on the floor bloodied up, "Marcus, Jordan, lets get the hell out of here," I growled as I walked over the door I kicked down. Jordan ran in front of me and opened the door to the back of the car while Marcus slide in the drivers seat. I carefully sat in the back and laid Aria down across my lap. I applied pressure to her side wound and whispered, "It's going to be okay Aria. We're going to get you healed up. Don't worry my mate, your safe."

"Hey Mandy can you get over to the Grendel Hotel fast please, Lincoln's mate is injured," Jordan said on the phone, "Yes, Lincoln found his mate, ugh, I'll tell you everything later sis just get over to the hotel fast she's going to need medical attention right away." Jordan hung up the phone and turned towards me, "Mandy will be at the hotel when we get there. Damn that b*stard is gunna pay for this."

"Yes he will," I vowed and tightened my hold on Aria, careful not to hurt her anymore than she already was, "I'm going to return every bruise on Aria ten fold back to him."

*********************************

When Marcus parked the car, Jordan sprung out of the car to try to help me get Aria out. "I got her, just go make sure Mandy in the room ready for us," I said as I carefully got out of the car with Aria in my arms, who hadn't said a single word the entire time, "Aria how are you doing," I asked as concern slowly overcame my anger at the man who had hurt Aria. "My side hurts really bad, " she gasped out before she groaned and clenched her eyes shut tightly. I crossed the parking garage quickly and entered the elevator that Marcus was waiting in.

"Jordan took the stairs to make sure Mandy is ready when we reach the room," Marcus said as he punched the button for the fourth floor. "Good," I said as I watch Aria's face contort in pain. The elevator dinged and I started down the hall straight to the room. I saw Jordan holding the door open and entered the room with Marcus following closely behind. 

"Set her down here," Mandy said as she pointed to the couch while she started getting out her medical gear. I set Aria down on the couch and backed up giving Mandy space to help Aria. Mandy's deep brown hair was pulled back into a low bun a the nape of her neck and the sleeves of her maroon shirt were rolled up. "Can you guys wait in the other room please? She's going to want some privacy when I take off her shirt to get to the wound on her side," Mandy asked as she looked up at us. 

"Take good care of her Mandy," I said as I forced myself to go into the next room with Marcus and Jordan while fighting my wolf who was screaming at me to stay by our mate. We can't do anything for her right now,  I said back to my wolf.  Mandy's the only one who can help her now, I thought with a sigh as I started to pace.