chapter five

A/N: I want to dedicate this chapter to bella192911 for being the first person to comment on my story :) Thank you! It means a lot to me to know if people like my writing. :)

chapter five

Aria's POV

It has been a very long time since I have been able to laugh that it felt as though the laughter was just spilling out of me like crazy regardless of how it was only just Marcus and Jordan messing around like little boys. I couldn't help myself from laughing though, so this is what true happiness is like huh, I thought as I looked at Marcus who was trying to wrestle Jordan to the ground. I looked over at Lincoln and saw him smiling at me with an emotion I had never been given by a person. I don't know what that emotion was, but it made me blush and look down at my hands that were in my lap. 

This is a place where happiness thrives. A place I don't deserve to be in, I thought sadly and with a mental sigh I squared my shoulders, erasing all laughter and happy thoughts. "I have listened to all you have said, but I need to return home now," I said as I turned toward Lincoln. His smile disappeared tbe replaced by a frown that caused me slight pain in my chest to see. Why does it bother me that he frowns when we are worlds apart? 

"I must keep my promise to you and return you home," Lincoln said only to grab both of my hands with is his and hold them like they were precious glass that would break with the slightest pressure, "But your not getting away from Aria. You are my mate and I will have you by my side," he said as his eyes burned into mine with such an intensity that it took my breathe away. The only thing I could do was was nod in agreement and try to get my breath back. Lincoln and I stood up, and while he had let go of one of my hands he still kept the other in his own hand. 

"Marcus, Jordan stop messing around. Its time to take Aria back home," Lincoln said as he looked down at Jordan who had Marcus in a choke hold on the ground. Jordan let go of Marcus who then shoved Jordan saying, "Gosh your fat Jordan. My gosh I thought I was going to be squashed to death by you." "Hey I'm not fat," Jordan countered as they both stood up and dusted themselves off. Lincoln started leading me out of the room and down a long hall to an elevator. Everything looked so fancy, even the elevator's floor is marble! This whole place screams rich and luxurious. A place I don't belong," I thought as I tried to take in everything to memory. The elevator opened to reveal a parking garage with many expensive cars. Lincoln pulled me to a silver Audi RS 7, Oh my goodness, I thought in awe as Lincoln opened the passenger side door open for me. I sat down and tried not to moan at the feel of the expensive leather seats. I turned to my left to see Marcus get the back with Jordan following. "Hey Aria, are you old enough to drive yet?" Jordan asked as his eyes lit up with excitement. "I am 17, but they don't allow the deaf to drive," I stated simply. Jordan's face immediately turned apologetic, "oh I'm sorry. I forgot you can't hear us. I can't always tell is all. Please except my deepest regards for forgetting." "No, no its fine," I said, "I've been deaf for a long time, its alright. You don't have to be so formal either Jordan."With that Jordan's face lit up and smiled at me. 

I turned as to see Lincoln start the car and smile down at me before pulling out and heading out of the parking garage. The streets blurred by to me as Lincoln navigated the car with minimal directions from me. I dreaded returning to Ray, but knew I would only be putting Lincoln and the others in danger if I stayed with them any longer. Whatever does I can take it. I won't let Ray get to them, I thought as I started to put my walls back up that I had let down around Lincoln. Ray is my issue and I won't let Lincoln, Marcus or Jordan get dragged into it because of me. I just hope its not too bad of a beating form Ray, I thought only to start to feel more depressed knowing that I was going to have a bad beating coming. "You can stop here," I said quickly to Lincoln who pulled over to the corner of a street two blocks away from my home, "My father," I tried to say as calmly as I could, "is very strict and will be very angry if he sees me get out a car with three guys." 

"That is understandable," Lincoln said as he smiled at me. I got out of the car and turned toward the opened car window, "Thank you for everything Lincoln, Marcus and Jordan," I said with a small smile on my face. "I will see you tomorrow, Aria," Lincoln said with a smile as Marcus and Jordan waved goodbye as the car drove away. I waited till the car was out of sight before I took a deep breath and started home.

**********************

I went to go knock on the door only to have the door wrenched open and to be yanked inside by Ray. Next thing I knew I was thrown against a wall with Ray still holding a death grip on my arm and a fist holding onto my hair hard enough to bring tears to my eyes. "Where the hell have you been," Ray seethed right in my face. He was so close I the smell of unwashed skin and alcohol reeked off him making my eyes water. "I left like you said," I spoke through the tears now streaming down my face, "I stayed the night in the park," I tried to lie only to have my head pulled forward and slammed hard back into the wall. "Don't you dare lie to me you b*tch," Ray said as he grabbed a fist of my shirt, "Who the hell clothes are these? Hmm, speechless now you little wh*re. I thought I was crazy when I heard that Adam told me he saw you with a guy yesterday, but here you are wearing obviously this guys clothing. What he pay you?" My eyes widen in shock at Adam's name,  oh gosh how could I have forgotten about Adam seeming me yesterday or that I never got my clothes back from Lincoln, I thought in horror as I stammered, "What do you mean? pay me wh-". I didn't get to finish my sentence as Ray whipped me around and threw me into the glass entertainment center in the living room. I felt pain all throughout my body and I felt glass pierce my skin all over. Ray grabbed my hair and pulled me to look at him. "The money you got from wh*ring out last night, stupid. Where is it?! Or were you that bad and ugly he didn't even bother to pay you,' Ray said as I felt blood fall down into my vision. Oh my gosh someone help me, was what shouted through my mind as I saw Ray pull out his knife from his back pocket. The same knife that he used to kill my mother with. Hold on we're coming, said a voice in my mind as strength surged into me. I kicked at Ray fighting back saying," I'm not going to let you kill me like mom," and started wrestling for my life with Ray.