Chapter 6: A Day's Work

Start from the beginning

Peach gasped from inside the watchtower as Mario took damage. I hope he's not hurt, Peach thought. But Bowser's hurt too. Worried, Peach clasped her hands together and continued to watch the battle, unsure who to side with.

Bowser Jr. let out an evil laugh, and spiraled to the ground in the Koopa Clown, attempting to hurt Mario a second time. But yet again, Mario dodged Jr.'s attack and knocked him out of the clown. As Bowser Jr. hid in his shell, Mario whizzed up towards Bowser in the Koopa Clown. Not this time, Bowser thought, and as Mario prepared the Koopa Clown to spiral, Bowser lifted his arm and hit the clown, causing Mario and the clown to fall to the platform below. But Mario recovered quickly, and Bowser Jr. came out of his shell to see Mario making a run for the Koopa Clown as Bowser breathed more fireballs at him. Bowser Jr. dashed towards Mario, but he was too late, and Mario hopped into the Koopa Clown and flew above Bowser again. He spiraled down, landing another hit on Bowser's head, before Bowser could even blink.

Another pained roar escaped Bowser's throat. His arms and legs were sore and tired, and he forced them, along with his aching head, inside his shell and spun across the platform, adding a small jump every so often. Why is this so fucking difficult? He's puny and powerless. You gotta kick his ass, Bowser thought as he tried to regain his strength from inside his shell. He finally emerged, and leaned backwards to breathe out another long row of fireballs, but as he did so, he noticed the watchtower.

The Princess is watching! I can't hurt him while she's here!

His fireballs began to rain from the sky, and Mario avoider them as Bowser moved towards him.

She knows how much I want to win this.

Bowser Jr. tried to throw two more Bob-ombs at Mario, but Mario had just moved out of the way to dodge a mighty fireball, and he just barely missed Mario.

The fireball rain had ceased. Bowser looked down at the puny plumber.

Goddamnit, I can't. Not with the Princess watching.

As if on cue, Bowser Jr. spiraled down in the Koopa Clown. Mario avoided the attack, and stomped on Jr.'s head just as the clown touched the ground. Bowser Jr. let out a pained wail and his body hit the platform. Laying on his stomach, he closed his eyes and caught his breath, dizzy and tired. Mario got in the Koopa Clown once again, and he flew up above the Koopa King. Bowser looked up and readied himself for the attack.

This is for you, my princess.

Mario spiraled down in the Koopa Clown, delivering the final blow to Bowser.

Bowser's vision clouded and his mind spun. His whole body felt heavy as he slowly staggered in place, attempting to stay balanced, but soon enough, with a loud roar of pain, his balance failed and he plummeted into the pit below.

Peach's breath caught in the back of her throat as she watched Bowser fall. "Goodbye, my King..." she said dismally. She then saw Mario, who was standing on the platform, jumping and cheering triumphantly, and let out a sigh of relief. She shut her eyes. "Thank you," she whispered.

Bowser's roar had caused Jr. to get up from where he was laying. He peered over the platform and saw the faint outline of his father hitting the ground. He looked back at Mario, let out a defeated groan, and leapt into the pit in surrender. Mario began to run across the platform to retrieve Peach from the watchtower.

I'm sorry I let you down, kids...I truly have grown soft. Despite my hatred for Mario, he really isn't that bad of a guy. So...you're welcome, Mario.

You're welcome, Peach.

Bowser's eyes shot open as his son landed on top of him. He had shrunk back down to his normal size after the fall. He let out a pained growl and shot Bowser Jr. a stern look.