Chapter 16. The Barrier Is Closed ☾

Start from the beginning

"Shall we go in?" Harry suggested to Ron and Draco. Both nodded and Harry motioned for Ron to go first. Ron took a few steps back and then ran into the barrier. However, he bounced right back onto his bum.

"Huh, that's weird." Draco stated. Harry just sighed.

"Dobby." Harry huffed under his breath. Draco caught him.

"You mean, Dobby did this?" Draco whispered. Harry nodded. "Then, maybe we should call him and have him take this off."

"I don't have time to argue with a delusional house elf." Harry hissed in Draco's ear. Meanwhile, Ron was trying to get some part of him to go through the barrier.

"It's closed." Ron announced obviously.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." Harry muttered. Draco snickered.

"What should we do?" Draco asked, looking to Harry. The brunette had done this before. He would know what to do.

"We could take my dad's car. It flies." Ron bragged proudly.

"No!" Harry shouted quickly. Both Draco and Ron looked at him in surprise.

"I know it's a bad idea, Harry, but you don't have to negate it so enthusiastically." Draco almost scolded.

"Thanks a lot, Malfoy." Ron said sarcastically.

"It is dumb idea, Weasley. What if we get caught by muggles? What if we crash and die?" Draco argued. Weasley huffed.

"Well, I'm gonna take my dad's car. I don't know what you two are going to do. Although, Harry, you're always welcome to come along." Ron offered. Harry shook his head.

"No, thank you. Draco and I will find our own way there." Harry promised. Draco looked relieved. He was sure whatever plan Harry had would be better than driving a flying car.

Once Ron left, Harry turned to Draco.

"The Knight Bus?" Harry suggested.

"The Knight Bus?" Draco asked incredulously. He was wrong. The flying car was a better idea.

Harry called the Knight Bus. It quickly arrived and they took two spots on the first level. When asked for their names, Harry told them that they were Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. The young lady conducting was a lot nicer than Stan (and a lot more gullible) and quickly they were on their way.

Harry and Draco were just settling in when Harry heard someone call out. "Harry?" The voice asked. He turned around to see Remus Lupin staring at him only a seat or two away. The man had bags under his eyes and seemed a little out of it, but it was the best sight in the world to Harry.

"Remus!" Harry shouted in surprise, moving to go hug the man. Remus looked at him confused.

"You...You remember me? You were barely a year old." Remus remembered in shock. Harry shook his head.

"I...I saw a...a picture of you and...and my father in a photo album one of my...m-mom's friends...uh, made for me." Harry lied. Draco facepalmed. He would need to teach Harry how to lie.

"Oh, you mean Severus Snape?" Remus asked conversationally. "He asked me for a couple of photos of James. I was kind of confused, but then he said it was for you. I, of course, gave him the photos willingly." He paused for a moment. "Shouldn't you be on the train to Hogwarts?"

Harry froze. Draco muttered, "We should be." Draco then took a step back. "Hi, I'm Draco...uh, Draco Malfoy."

"As in Lucius Malfoy?" Remus asked hesitantly.

"Yes, Draco was sorted into Gryffindor and is one of my best friends." Harry explained. Remus nodded knowingly. It was Sirius all over again.

"How are you, Harry?" Remus asked him, switching gears. "There have been so many times I went to the Headmaster asking where you were so I could check in on you. He always said you were fine."

"You went to Dumbledore to check on me?" Harry asked incredulously. How had he never known that before?

"Yes, every year, on your birthday." Remus told him. Harry averted his eyes and played with his hands.

"Oh, I never knew, sir." Harry whispered. Remus smiled.

"There's no need to call me sir, Harry. I'm not your professor." Remus joked. Draco bit his lip hard to keep from laughing. "So, what are you doing on the Knight Bus instead of on the Hogwarts Express?"

"Someone accidently closed the barrier before all of us kids were on the train. One of the three of us decided to take a flying car to school. We chose the Knight Bus." Draco explained, though he huffed a little under his breath at the last part.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked. Remus looked around suspiciously.

"I've been called to the ministry for something." He told them. Harry made a face but nodded in understanding.

"Why did you take the Knight Bus, then? You're a fully trained wizard. You could have just Apparated yourself to the ministry." Draco reasoned.

"I like the Knight Bus. You get to see a lot more scenery." Remus lied. Harry elbowed Draco in the ribs for being so insensitive. Harry thought it must be close to a full moon, since Remus looked so tired. "I know you must have heard this a million times, but you do look like James." Remus told him. Harry nodded.

"With my mother's eyes?" Harry added. Remus nodded back.

The Knight Bus stopped and Remus stood up.

"Well, this is my stop. Perhaps you wouldn't mind me writing to you, Harry?" Remus asked.

"Of course." Harry replied, smiling.

"Goodbye, Harry. Draco." Remus said as he turned to get off the bus.

Harry was still smiling as the Knight Bus began again. Maybe this year wouldn't be so bad after all.

CHAPTER END
SEE YOU SOON
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT
LOVE ESHA❤