"I guess you're right," She mumbled out, her eyes falling to her lap.

"I'm right about a lot of things, like how I know your soulmate will love you. And you know how I know that? Because that's the whole point of them, they love you because you're you," Hank told (Y/N), his insightful words also soft. (Y/N) could only nod in response, the words so simple, yet something which she desperately needed to hear. Despite all this talk of being enough, being too childish, being good enough etc. it didn't really matter in the end. The whole point of soulmates was that they were made for each other, quirks, flaws and all. (Y/N) felt that genuine, soft smile grow on her face again, and glanced up to Hank, still stroking his large hand.

"Thanks," She put simply, not really needing words to communicate her message as her (e/c) eyes met his orangey-yellow ones, a compassion streaming through just their gaze. With a nod, Hank pulled his hand away slowly so as not to startle the girl, getting back to his own breakfast as (Y/N) rose from her seat to get more. She couldn't teach on an empty stomach, now could she?

~*~

Thank goodness the biology class was covering plant cell structure, thought (Y/N) to herself as she shut down the computer in the classroom, watching as the last few students left for their next class. Standing with a sigh, (Y/N) went to move towards the door, before stopping to look around the classroom. It had been her favourite growing up, mostly likely from the combination of plants growing at the window, and the cool animal species kept in jars around the room. Stepping over to the small alfalfa shoots struggling to grow by the window, she hovered her hand over them. The shoots quickly shot up, their leaves growing larger and darkening in colour as they stretched to touch her hand. With a smile, she released her grip over the plant, watching as it instinctively moved itself towards the light streaming in softly through the window. With a smile, (Y/N) felt herself calm. Being around plants always had a calming effect on her, whether it was the output of oxygen that only she seemed keenly aware of, or just being around blooming greenery. Feeling re-energized, (Y/N) turned from the window and finally left the room, locking the door behind her as she made her way to the kitchen with handbag in tow. She quickly spotted Charles sitting there, once again blowing on his morning coffee as he seemingly drank the last little mouthfuls left.

"Not too much trouble I hope?" Charles asked casually, hardly looking away from the newspaper in front of him.

"Just the usual banter with the students, but it was a rather easy lesson to substitute for," (Y/N) commented, leaning against the bench as she waited for Charles to finish up. They had already discussed it before her class, but Charles had agreed to drop her into New York since he had another meeting with Tony Stark. This time was seemingly a more private affair, as Charles barely spoke a word to anyone other than Logan who was going as seemingly his muscle.

"Logan said he's waiting in the car for us, so let me just put this in the sink and then we can head off," Charles informed, wheeling himself over to the sink and delicately rinsing his coffee mug. (Y/N) nodded her head as thoughts of her father overtook her. It felt both good and bad to be seeing him today, almost a literal departure from her father into the arms of her soulmate. But at the same time, she had a feeling deep down that they'd likely get into a fight at some point over Logan's protective nature. Hearing the tell-tale buzzing of Charles' electronic chair spurred (Y/N) into action as she headed towards the garage, barely paying Charles any mind as she processed her thoughts.

"You're late," Logan huffed, his hairy arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the car.

"Can't a man enjoy a cup of coffee?" Charles countered in return, wheeling himself over to the door nearest to Logan. With a bit of help from both Logan and the car's add-ons, Charles was seated and ready for the trip.