"Back off, Stone! This is my side," she said, pushing him away.

"Alright, Malfoy. Let's see whose side turns out better, then," he gave her a challenging look.

"A competition?" Mia's eyes lit up. "Oh, you're on!"

"May the better artist win," Alexander bowed jokingly.

"What's the prize?"

"You get to brag about winning."

"Not much, but I'll take it."

With that said, she took her wand out and created a barrier at the middle of the canvas so they couldn't see each other's works.

"Is that really necessary?" Alexander groaned.

"Yes," Mia said seriously, then turned her attention on the canvas and got to work.

After about five minutes, the Gryffindor decided to break the silence.

"My apologies, Birdie, but there's no way you can beat this," he said confidently, making Mia scoff.

"You wouldn't say that if you saw my masterpiece."

"Okay, Mia-langelo," he rolled his eyes with a smile.

Fifteen minutes later the Gryffindor put down his paintbrush and crossed his arms over his chest, nodding at his work.

"I think I'm done," he announced.

"Me too, just a few more seconds..." Mia squinted her eyes as she did some finishing touches. "Okay, done."

"Can you take this down now?" He gestured towards the barrier.

"No, I'll look at yours first," she said.

"Why mine?" He frowned.

"Because I said so. Now show me your work."

"Fine," he gave in. "Come here, then."

Mia left her side and stepped closer to Alexander, staring at his painting. He only used red paint.

"Is that a –"

"A heart, yes," he nodded happily.

"You – you painted an actual human heart?" Mia asked in disbelief.

"Well, I had a lot of red paint and the first thing that came to mind was a heart, but I wanted to paint something realistic, so there it is," he explained.

"If you wanted to be realistic, then you should have used some blue and purple as well."

"Oh, come on!" Alexander scowled.

"I'm just saying..."

"Fine, let's see what you came up with, then."

"Alright," Mia nodded, then she stepped back in front of her side.

Alexander glanced at her painting, then he broke out in a gentle smile.

"It's the Black Lake," she explained before he had the chance to ask. "See, there's the Giant Squid," she pointed at the middle of the lake.

"I hate to say it, but I think you might be the winner," he smiled down at her.

"Might be?" Mia raised an eyebrow at him. "I am the winner, it's quite obvious."

"I love how humble you are," he grinned.

"What, should I lie?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm aware of my talents and I will compliment myself if I know I've done a great job. That doesn't mean I think I'm flawless, because I'm definitely not, I just have fewer flaws than others."