Chapter 66: Tannin

Start from the beginning

"Hah. That's what I thought. I wondered why his attacks were weak earlier. This was in contrast to Voltaire's host. Her attacks are pretty much solid at this point."

"She is indeed strong. But what I'm worried is whether her emotions would deter her from reaching her full potential." Azazel pondered.

" I thought she would activate another form earlier. It's a good thing she didn't, knowing how dangerous that is which may cost the lives of the users."

" Of course. The Juggernaut Drive." Azazel said in a serious tone. " It's not far from happening. She even activated her Balance Breaker through her own will and intense training."

Tannin roared in amusement.

"Interesting. I shall have fun training her and the Red Emperor during their stay here."
_________________________________________

The group stayed in a hotel and were currently enjoying a bath on the hot springs, save for Erin who was still resting on her room with the twins guarding her.

" Ah. Devil facilities are really awesome. Taking a nice bath after a tiring fight feels heaven."

Gasper appeared at the entrance with a pink towel covering his body. Issei gaped at this and took a hold of the fabric.

"Why are you wearing it like this? It's like you are a woman. Come on, join us inside and don't be shy."

" Wah! I want to wear my towel like this."

Issei rolled his eyes and pushed the vampire inside the bath. Kiba and Azazel were already there and the vampire swam to Kiba's direction.

"Hmm. You haven't activated your Balance Breaker, eh?" The Fallen said once Issei was near him.

"Ah-Hai. I tried to activate it at random times but I wasn't able to do it like what Erin did." Issei sheepishly said.

" Maybe you need some sort of catalyst." Azazel cupped his chin. "Tell me boy, have you ever groped some boobs before?"

" Eh?" Issei was surprised for a second until he reverted back to his Eroge mode. " HAI! I have. I have groped Asia's boobs using these hands." He made some groping actions.

" Oh ho. But have you ever tried poking them?" Azazel asked in mischief.

" Isn't it the same?" replied Issei in confusion.

" Fool! They are 2 entirely different things. Groping them is merely holding them while poking them is another level! Now, you have seen a doorbell, right?"

Issei eagerly nodded as he imagined the scene.

"The nippies are similar to the doorbell. If you press them, a sound will erupt and the girls would cry out!"

Issei was enlightened at the discovery and he raised his fists in determination.

"Soka. This means I have merely encountered the door which is the boob and not entirely the doorbell."

" You got that right! Now you better do those things to help in unlocking your power because that is what's required for a stupid pervert like you!"

" HAI! Teach me more, sensei!"

" Issei-san really likes boobs, doesn't he?" Gasper noted and Kiba agreed at this with a sigh

" Gasper, have you noticed Koneko-chan acting weird?"

" Eh?" The vampire thought hard and he eventually nodded.

" Yes. She seemed spaced out and unfocused."

" I thought I was the only one who noticed. She defied Akeno-senpai's orders earlier and she continued to fight the dragon despite her injuries."

" You're right." Gasper looked down. "I feel bad for not being able to help. I was s-scared."

"It's all right, Gasper. All of us felt scared. If it wasn't for Erin's attack, the dragon might have continued his rampage."

" Hai. I hope Erin-senpai is okay."  The vampire said worriedly.

Kiba remembered the expression Erin held which made him ponder on his thoughts.

" Those lifeless eyes.. like it witnessed countless tragedies and lost hope to live. I've seen those eyes before.. those eyes were similar to what my friends looked when they resigned their fate to death.

Kiba clenched his fists and wished fervently in the air.

" I hope you heal from whatever is hurting you, Erin.... And I'll do my best to help you, just like how you helped me overcome my past.

- End of Chapter -