Chapter 24: Family At The Happiest Place On Earth

Start from the beginning

"Is this true dear. You swear it is" she says sniffling. A sob comes out of my mouth as I reply with a yes. "I am so sorry for all of this Cassie. I truly am. But I don't know what you could want from us?" she asks. 

"I have a really big favor to ask of you" 

"Go on" 

"You know Darcy's fourth birthday is coming up, and the only thing she wants in this world is to be with Matthew. But you know that Liam will never let either of us see him. So we were thinking, could you let us see him. Matthew has been contacting us and is going to ask if he could spend this weekend with you and your husband. I only ask that you help play a part in helping get these two together. We would like to come and pick him up to hangout with us for the day on the 26th and the 27th, which is the Saturday and Sunday. Maybe you could tell them you're giving them a break for the weekend to go on a little get-away or something. Please, please do this for me, for Darcy" I ask. She doesn't respond for a minute and that was the most nerve racking minute of my life. 

"Cassie, from the time we first met you. You were part of this family. I know that Matthew looked at you like his mother and that he loved Darcy with all his heart. We loved you like a daughter, so of course we will do this for you. Give me a call when you arrive in LA, and when you are coming to get Matthew. I'll see you soon sweatheart" she says. I break out in an abundance of thank you's and finish off our conversation and hang-up. I run to Harry and jump in his arms, squelling with excitment. We were going to see Matthew!

The days went by and before we knew it we were packed and heading to the airport. Darcy was super confused and had no idea what we were doing. The plane ride was long, but luckily Darcy and I slept almost the whole time. A couple of fans noticed us and asked Harry for his autograph. But luckily no one really knew we were coming to LA so no one was waiting for us but we knew we might run into a lot of people on this short little vacation. Once we arrived in LA, it was super hot. We went to our hotel and low and behold, there was a pool and Darcy wanted to go swimming. Her birthday was tomorrow which was when we would go see Matthew and I was over the moon. I sent a message to Liam's mom and she replied saying he was already here and more excited than ever. Nothing could erase the smile from my face. We spent the night just relaxing and went out for a nice little dinner. But the real treat was tomorrow.

I couldn't sleep all night and the next morning. I got up and got ready super early. Getting Darcy ready extra pretty to go see him. "Happy Birthday baby girl. You are going to love your present" I say to her. She smiles and me and gives me a kiss on my cheek. My baby was 4 years old. It seems like just yesterday, I was at the hospital as a 17 year old giving birth to this baby. Harry soon after us got up and at I texted Liam's mom. It was 10 and I had assumed it was about a 30 minute drive from our hotel, which we rented a car. Once we started pulling up I was basically bouncing in my seat. I didn't think Darcy would know what we were doing until she actually saw him. But I looked back in my mirror and she was bouncing. Once we pulled up to the familiar house, I hopped out of the car. I unbuckled Darcy and we ran up to the door. I rang the doorbell and heard the sound of him running across the hardwood floor. The door swung open and there he was. I began to cry and Darcy screamed.

"Matthew!!" and ran into his arms. They stood like that hugging for a good 5 minutes crying in each others arms. It had been over two months since they saw each other. Which was a long time for them. After they finished he jumped into my arms. 

"Hi baby, i've missed you so much" I cry. I put him down and run to hug Liam's mom, crying in her arms. "Thank you so much for this. I will never be able to repay you for what you have given us" I say. She had a few tears falling down her face. 

"Don't bring him back to late. Here's his little bag for whatever you guys decide to do" she hands me a batman bag and we head out. Matthew and Darcy sat holding hands in the back. 

"So.. who wants to go to disneyland!" I scream. They get so excited and of we go. We spent the whole day going on whichever rides they could go on and they had an amazing time. This was a memory I could never forget. I took a billion pictures and got people to take pictures of us. My phone was absolutely full. We went to this cute little restaurant for dinner with the two and since Matthew would be turning 7 in September and we probably wouldn't be here, we celebrated his birthday too. It was one of the best days of my life. We took him home and said we would see him tomorrow. Once we got back to the hotel I uploaded the picture of the four of us onto instagram. It was my homescreen background. But my lock screen background would forever be the photo where, Darcy and Matthew are on the couch in each others arms watching their cartoons. I fall asleep with a smile on my face. 

The next day around the same time as yesterday, we head over to Liam's mum's house. But once we get there, there is already a car parked infront. It didn't worry me to much cause maybe someone just parked there and were going somewhere else. So we park across the street and go to ring the doorbell. But when we do there is no Matthew's feet running to come get it. The door opens up and a face I had never wanted to see again is there. 

"Hey Cassie, coincidence meeting you here at my parents place, where my son is" Liam says angerily. I then look behind and see Matthew sitting on the couch crying and Darcy sneaks past Liam running to go hug him. I push past him and Harry follows. Liam shuts the door and turns around. "You know, going behind my back and meeting my kid, smart. But then posting a picture of you with him. Not so smart. Did you really think I wouldn't see it?" he asks. I felt so stupid. I hadn't even realised that Liam had still followed me on my social medias. I was too distracted. I was speechless. "Yeah that's what I thought" he says. "How did you even plan this" he asks. 

"I talked to your mum" I say. He looks over at her. She is in the kitchen, talking with Danica. But I knew she was listening to the whole thing. 

'Why would my mom agree to this, after what you did to me?" he asks. My mouth falls open, and his mum snaps her head over towards me.

"After what I did to you? What about all the lies you told your mom! All of what you told your mom were lies and you know it!" I scream at him. He doesn't reply to me, because he knows they were lies and I have a feeling his mum wont believe him this time. 

"You might as well just leave, since i'm not letting my son go anywhere with you" he says and I knew now that he knew that it was true. There was no way we would get to spend time with Matthew today or any other day. I walk over to Matthew and Darcy and sit beside them. 

"Hey Matthew, did you have fun with us yesterday?" I ask smiling. He nods his head. "Yeah me too. But we have to go now because your daddy doesn't want us here anymore. But I promise this will happen again, I do" I say. I hug him one last time and walk over to the door to wait for Darcy. They say their goodbyes, crying and we head out the door and to the car. It was only 11 in the morning and our flight wasn't until tomorrow afternoon. All our plans were with Matthew and now we didn't want to do anything. We head back to the hotel and begin to pack. We were going to book a different flight. But as we were packing, I felt this sickness come over me and I ran to the bathroom and vomited in the toilet, at first I was confused. I hadn't felt like this at all, and out of no where now I did. Then something clicked in my brain. My period was 2 weeks late, I put two and two together and thought. Maybe I was pregnant. I wasn't going to tell Harry until I was forsure, I didn't want to get his hopes up for nothing. 

We ended up getting a plane that left tonight and with that we went home and carried on with our lives, without Matthew. 

-----------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Ok so I think i've changed my mind. This book is going to have more than 25 chapters, but not that much more. 

-Hannah(: