Space Grape

Fallen angel au

This does not follow infinity war or Endgame at all, just a heads up

---

Being a guardian angel is hard work. You never get any time for yourself, always worrying about your human. Or on my case humans.

I was the (un)lucky guy to be given Tony Stark. Over the years I have witnessed him doing some pretty dumb shit. But then he was recruited to join the avengers. Now I am pretty much their babysitter. Watching them carefully from a distance.

Only recently did my boss (no not God, he is my boss's boss) decide I should go to earth and help them out. We had sensed a great danger coming to earth, so most angels were doing the same. But the avengers need protecting more than most, no matter what they say.

So that takes us to now. I am currently lounging around in the avengers common room, listening to one of Rhodey's stories that I have already heard a thousand times.

My wings are constantly cloaked now, which is a pain in the ass but it must be done. I can feel the ruffle against my back, longing to be taken out and stretched. Soon. I tell myself. Soon everyone can know.

"Peter?" Oops I must have zoned out.

"Sorry, just thinking." Tony smiles at me and I return it. Sitting in front of him I can see just how tired he really is. He masks it well, but I have been looking out for him since childhood. I know him better than he knows himself.

"So kid, how's life outside the tower? You never mention much about school." I don't go. "Or family." Don't have one.

"Everything's good." I say with a little to much urgency for it to be believable. Luckily these people know when not to push and don't ask me any more questions.

We sit and talk for another hour before Friday's warning alarm blares overhead. My first instinct is to decloak my wings, but I can't do that. So I settle for the next best thing.

"Karen suit please." I say into my earpiece. A piece of the ceiling slides open allowing a small spider drone to fly down and attach to my chest. My spider suit cocoons around me.

I am one of the first ones to the scene, along with Tony and Thor. Hovering above New York, casting a looming shadow that drenches the city in black, is a huge space craft.

Thanos.

That bloody space grape! Can I not get a moments peace. I have literally just recovered from the whole slokovia ordeal (helping from the sidelines of course).

"Cap get out here now!" Tony yells through the Comms, powering his thrusters. Before I can stop him he is flying up to the craft at full speed. I curse under my breath and race after him, dodging weird ass lasers on my way up.

Tony gets halfway up before a huge beam of purple light shoots him out the sky.

"NO!"

Acting out of pure instinct my wings uncloak and I hurtle through the air in order to catch my friend. I reach him just before he hits the tower, so rest him on the roof.

His breath is shallow and weak, but his pulse remains strong.

"You can't die. I can't fail you Tony." I mutter, frantically trying every spell I know to slow his bleeding.

"Pe-ter." He whimpers through laboured breaths. His eyes open the slightest bit and instantly clamped shut. Probably at the drastic change in my appearance.

You see when my wings decloak that isn't the only thing that changes. Instead of a deep hazel, my eyes turn the brightest gold, laced with blue. My hair is slightly longer and much lighter. Other than the more toned muscle and taller appearance nothing else really changes. But I can assume for Tony I look like a completely different person.