1: This Is Normal

Cassandra is a normal girl - or atleast that's what she think she is. According to her father, her mother left them while she was a baby, leaving her alone with her father. Her life is normal. She goes to school - she's not actually the most intelligent in class but she have high grades. She's active when it comes to extra culicular activitues. She loves playing sport.

Yeah. Her life is normal, except the fact that everything changed when she turned fifteen and it continued as she grew up. Something weird always happens every time she feel a surge of emotions, anger, sadness - you name it! For example, when she was in her tenth grade, she was really angry at her classmate that she kept glaring at him. A few moments later, his test paper burned.

Sure, it can be just a coincidence if only it didn't happened more than once! She tried to control her emotions ever since then - well, mostly. Alright. She sometimes let those bad things happened specially if she know that the person deserve it.

She calls it 'bad things' because she doesn't have any idea what it is. The last time it happened was this morning at school - she almost killed someone.

"Hey, Dandra!"

Cassandra stopped walking and rolled her eyes. Here goes the bullies again. Great. She turned to them.

"It's Cassandra."

"Yeah, whatever. I know that you only joined the Basketball team for Ricky," said Alia.

Cassandra bursted out laughing. "Okay, first of all, who's Ricky? Second, I joined the team because I want to." She turned her back at them and was about to walk away when she spoke up again.

"Stop playing innocent, slut. Maybe that's why your mother left you and your father!" She mocked. "Maybe she doesn't want a slut for a daughter and your father is probably useless!"

Her hands formed into a fist, a feeling building up in her chest. She quickly turned her head to her, a glare fixated at the girl. She can take an insult about herself but never her fathers.

"Take back what you said."

Alia raised a brow. "Why would I? Because it's the truth?"

"I said take it back!" She can feel the force of the air around them. The wind swept her hair.

"I won-" she stopped as she fell to her knees. A hand on her chest, her face contorted as if she's feeling great pain.

"I- I can't b-breathe. W-what-" she fell to the ground, unconscious.

Everything dawned on Cassandra as she took a step back, her eyes widening in shock. The air around her calmed down.

"Ms. Lim, what did you do?"

She quickly turned her head to the side to see her adviser, Mrs. Ana, looking at them with a unreadable expression on her face. Mrs. Ana quickly ran to aid Alia.

"I-I'm sorry," she whispered, cold sweat running down her forehead.

"She's still breathing," confirmed Mrs. Ana. She then raised her head, meeting her eyes. "Come with me to the Principal's office, Ms. Lim."

And the rest was history. Her Father was called to the Principal's office. She wasn't actually expelled from school but after she told him about what happened, he just decided to pull her out of school just like that!

She tried to talk him out of it but it was no use. Once her father says it's final, then it's final.

"I'm Rapunzel," said the blonde girl with braided long hair - too long if she do say so herself.

"Cassandra," she introduced.

Her eyes roamed around. She felt like she was inside a sci-fi movie. There were high buildings and is that a...

"Flying hoverboard?" She asked in surprise.

"Yup! That's one of the latest creations of the head Gifted for the Technology Department. I think his name is Rian? Vrian? I forgot, sorry."

"Gifted for the what now? I'm sorry, I did not understand anything that you just said."

"Oh, it's okay, you'll find out in the orientation."

They stopped in front of a high building and the door opened automatically. Her eyes widened when something fast passed by her. She turned around and saw a girl... flying?!

Yeah. This is normal.

--

This story is inspired by AprilAvery's Charm Academy and ShinichiLaaaabs' Run For Your Life duology.