"Oh yeah, I forgot you had a..." I trailed off as I tried to remember the small object Gon had. "Memory card? Is that what it's called?" I asked, and Gon nodded.

"Yeah, your save data. What happened?" Killua asked, and raised his hand. "Book." He stated, and a book appeared out of nowhere.

"Ahh! The hell?!" I screamed, once again suprised by the book. Killua started laughing at me, and I sighed deeply.

"I'm never going to get used to that..." I mumbled, looking at my hand that wore the ring.

"How many cards were inside?" Killua asked Gon as he played with the floating book. I watched in pure awe as the book followed Killua's hand as he moved it. This is so weird...

"There weren't any cards inside." Gon replied, and my eyes widened.

"Seriously?" I tilted my head as I leaned forwards, my hands latched behind my back.

"Huh? Really?" Killua seemed just as suprised as me. Gon nodded at the both of us.

"But there was a message from Ging." He stated, and I perked up.

"What did he say?" Killua asked.

"To enjoy the game." Gon replied, and I raised a brow.

"What...?" I muttered, confused by Gon's strange dad.

"Enjoy the game? But this doesn't really feel like a game." Killua stated before looking back at his hand. "Book." He commanded, and the floating book disappeared. I blinked, once again amazed by the book.

"What do you think about the rules?" Gon asked.

"It's too confusing. I think my brain shut off halfway through that lady's speech." I sighed, and Gon chuckled, giving me a small nod as he agreed with me.

"I still don't know enough yet." Killua added.

All three of us tensed as we sensed something flying towards us. I looked up at the sky to see a glowing light shooting down at us.

A man with purple hair and headphones crashed down in front of us. He stood a couple feet away from us with a confident smirk on his face.

What the hell was that?! Did he just fly?!

"This must be your first time playing this game." He stated, the same cocky smirk on his face.

"Who knows? Since you're carrying a book, you must be a player." Killua replied.

"Well, sure. You can't fool me. I know you're new to this game." The man paused, and started messing with his book.

"So you three are Korudo, Killua, and Gon, huh?" The man smirked as he looked down at the book.

"How do you know our names?" Gon demanded, and the man only laughed.

"How indeed? You have zero chance if you don't know about the spell cards." He replied.

"Hey man, why do you got to target us? Go steal some cards from people who actually have some." I sighed, giving the man an unimpressed look.

"Shut up, girl. A newbie shouldn't be telling me what to do." He peered down at me, obviously thinking he's superior.

"Whatever. That's a lot of talk coming from a grown man wearing dumbass headphones." I shrugged, insulting the man's headphones.

"Korudo!" Killua scolded me, but I ignored him.

"You should know your place, kid!" The man growled before looking back down at his book.

"Trace on! Attack, Killua!" He shouted, holding a card. We all tensed, and another bright light like the one before, shot at Killua. He ran, trying to avoid the attack.