Chapter 8:Mid-term Holiday

It was a midterm for all school as they concluded test writing, it has been fun days ever since they had break,spending time with momma and mummy and also going chopping ,and she also planned on hosting a group party, calling it first official group party and also with the help of Nate, she had a full permission of her mum,her mum had traveled ,so it was her and her Nanny, to arrange for it,Nate also promised to help...
Her mum had gave Nanny 700 k to host everything ...
Nate and pride had started fixing role of members.
Nanny: The event planner
Host:pride
Assistant Host:Nate
People who are to welcome invite in :Nancy, bisola, and Jeremiah..
And people in charge of the eating and drinking, serving invites were:Andrew, taiwo , timilehin, josh,and kehinde ...
And the people to perform their talents: were up to 67 students and teachers who were invited was :Mr alagbe
Mrs Williams
Mr James
Mr ebukka
Mrs Mene
Mrs Chloe..
And 3 more of them..
The program was scheduled to hold on a Saturday from 12'15am to 5:45pm,with a lot of refreshments...
Nate had been a good friend and support to pride all this while, before the day of the party which was to be held ..
Nanny had done a good job, in the decorations ,setting and light it was so awesome...
Thanks to Nanny ,Nate and all the roles performer, an the people performing on stage to make the party lively...
Woo, her dress was already set and Nate had agreed to wear a suit,while pride would wear a flow gown with a wedge shoe,all couldn't wait for the party, she had so many people telling her that I can wait, to perform and also play their different roles to the success of the party, she had a long voice call conversation with Nate, thanking him so much for his dedication,they had also had some time to chat off the night, and it was soon midnight..
Pride felt dizzy and slept off,knowing she must to be punctual at the party, and keep to her time, Nate also promised to be there before the time of the party...

Morning already ,pride was dressed up already,in her beautiful ball gown...

Looking so adorable...
You are looking so beautiful, momma said..
Thank you momma,pride answered..
My pleasure ,momma said..

They had arrived at the party, Nate was there in his lovely suit, and his brighten smile

Hi,pride saidHi,nice event decorationsYes,thanks to momma,pride saidWhere is she? I would like to meet your mum??No my Nanny, I call her my momma

Hi,pride said
Hi,nice event decorations
Yes,thanks to momma,pride said
Where is she? I would like to meet your mum??
No my Nanny, I call her my momma ..
Oooo ,wow your Nanny is a great event planner,nate said..
My momma point of correction, pride said.
Ok,nice ,you look nice, Nate said..
Thank you and you are not that bad though.
Thanks nate answered..
People had started coming inside looking at the beautiful setting ,and amazed by them, some students came with their parents which was not part of the plan, but it looked okay to pride..
Teachers had started entering...
There was a slow lovely song played from the background...

As teachers and student came in..
Nanny who was dressed in a gorgeous looking way,shared a palm flet on today's schedule..

The first activities on the list was an opening prayer...
Which was proceeded immediately after all my seated...
Momma had given an opening prayer and proceeded by introducing the host and assistant host and the reason for the party...

The servers had started giving food, as performers entertained the audience,amazing talent and all...

Mr alagbe had an impressive speech appreciating the host and assistant for the great job done and promised it wouldn't be done just like that, but it would be a memorable appreciation from the school,he said...

The party went well with refreshments and performers on stage...

Students were so happy...

And Serena had the time to reconcile with pride...
Am sorry for all the things have done wrongly to you..

The girl who poured drink and food on pride's wear...

Woow ,so you could actually say sorry,and feel remorseful anyways you are pardoned, pride answered..

So can we be friends?,Serena pushed further..

Hmm,no but we are good this way, nice classmates, is that fine by you?,pride answered...

Yes, no problem,if that what you like,Serena said..
Ok,thanks for understanding, pride said..
Ok,can I help with anything? ,Serena asked..
Not really, but you could join the servers,if you don't mind, pride answered ..

Ok,I will, bye for now
Yes bye for now.
The party was coming to an end soon...
It was time for the appreciation speech and gifts to the performers on stage....
The gift was shared, you could imagine how lovely every participants felts, to show their talents and give prizes and to be hailed by the audience, all could see the benefits of pride group...

Pride ,and Nate said an appreciation speech ...
And then momma end the party with a closing prayer...

Finally, the day had come to an end ...
Everybody greeted pride and more students wanted to join the group....

And after the party, she went home with Nate...
Nate had a sad expression on his face which bothered pride,and as they arrived at pride's  home,she then ask Nate what the problem was?
Nate what is wrong?,don't tell me nothing please!!
Nate started to pour his out down, about his family problems and how it worried him,he knew pride was a trustworthy person, he revealed all the secrets eating him up .....
Pride was shocked ,his burden was to much, thank God he has a friend like me,I will make it up to him and make him feel better, he behaved like a happy person but inside him was the deepest sadness,his pretty smile bids a lot of deep secrets and pain, he wept on her arm,he couldn't control himself..
Pride then said to him,it is enough to cry, but it would not solve your problems,all you need to do is to believe that one day everything is gonna be alright, don't feel bad, please it hurts me when you do,pride said..
Did I just say that? Anyways it true, I really feel sorry for him and I feel this shouldn't be happening to Nate, pride thought....
There was a silence, until Nate said ,thank you for being my friend, I am thankful you are my friend...
I am too,so stop crying ,cheer up forgot about your problem,and let go and swim and then we eat,am sure momma would have prepared something for us by then,alright, if that is fine by you..
Ok sure,let's go ,Nate said...

They got to the pool,and they had a nice time swimming...
Momma was watching them,and seeing how happy they were, she was happy pride found a true friend..

Momma set the table,immediately they came inside ran socked with water..
Nanny stop them,hey where are two going?..
Oh gosh Nanny had caught us, pride thought...
Nanny I can explain, we went to swim, pride was shivering talking, she knew Nanny was angry by now, even though she didn't put on an angry face even for once since she knew her so she did not when she was angry...
You don't need to be scared,why are you??,momma asked...
U guys should go and change ,and Nate I got some short and shirt ,you could wear home after eating, since your cloth is wet, you would come tomorrow to take it,and if you are gonna be swimming, bring your short and singlet is that alright ,by you?..
Yes,thank you momma, Nate said..
Funny you, when did you start calling me momma, anyways go change that the spare room there ,and the clothes are on the bed...
Ok ,momma,I would head on now, Nate said..

They finished eating and pride escorted Nate home with leg,cause she wanted to talk to Nate, and make sure he went home happy...
And then they reached his street and pride then said,the only medicine to sadness is smile as she widened his lips,and he smile ,thank you pride, I hope you keep smiling till tomorrow, feel alone ,chat up with me...
Ok,I will ,thank you, Nate said...
What are friends for,pride said..
friends ,of course not,we are bestie now,let move and develop our friendship, Nate said..
Ok bestie ,good night, catch up later on chat ,pride said..

As she and Nate bid bye and turned to their different way...

The mid term was running fast,Nate and pride had nice time together as besties, getting to know his parents, permission to hang out together with Nate and so on,reading for exams forth coming and Nate staying in pride home for a day or two...
Wow, the end of holiday is over.. weeks has passed in school, month gone..
And so many exciting things as happened, so ride with me as I proceed to next chapter...
I hope you enjoyed reading my story ..
Stay tuned and safe. 
Please read vote and comment ,thank you, I am so grateful...