XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight

Magsimula sa umpisa

'Did something happened at the Sanctuary? Why are these gods are looking at me with bloodlust looks?' Roswaal thought.

"I can't forget Satella appearing at the Sanctuary and repeating those words saying that she--" Subaru was stopped by Pandora.

"Stop mentioning her name and what she said to you. Hmph!" Pandora pouted.

"H-Hey..." Subaru uttered.

"Don't say such things that'll make her jealous, Subaru. Just look at her when she gets angry." Halibel chuckled.

"What did you say?!" Pandora angrily asked and was hugged by Subaru to calm her down.

"Chill, Pandora." Subaru hummed and Pandora buries her head to his chest.

"What a problematic woman..." Halibel sighed.

"O-Oh, I see... Then, the discussion on the matter is already over. But isn't there something strange about this? It all seems too well-timed--" Emilia stopped as someone with a hoodie barged inside the mansion.

"Pardon me. Strange movement has been detected from the group hiding in the forest! We haven't a moment to waste! Once they make their move, the entire region will be a sea of blood! What will it be, Captain? No, Sword Demon Wilhelm-dono?" The man asked.

"Emilia-sama?" Wilhelm asked and a moment of silence came first before she answers.

"I understand. I gratefully accept your kindness. Has this been explained to the villagers?" Emilia asked.

"They have all already been made aware of the situation, Emilia-sama." Ram replied.

"I see..." Emilia uttered.

"Betty says she'll stay here." Puck said.

"Puck!" Emilia called.

"Betty can't go. I suppose I'll wait here for your return. Don't worry about me."

"That's what she said. Well, in Betty's case, the forbidden library is a much safer place. Besides, due to her contract, she can't leave the mansion. Lia, you know that, right?" Puck asked.

"No fair, using that as a reason..." Emilia uttered.

"So, since my cute little sister will be staying here, we don't need to do anything about the mansion. Betty is sweet and kind, but she'll show no mercy." Puck said.

"Understood, great spirit." Wilhelm said. Puck enters into Emilia's neck and appears once again.

"You should do what you want. I'm on your side, and yours alone." Puck said and hides.

"We will evacuate. I don't want to endanger the villagers." Emilia said. The man under the hoodie smiled after hearing this.

"Subaru..." Emilia uttered.

"Since you all leave Beatrice behind, there must be someone who will stay with her, right?" Rem asked.

"And that might be that woman again..." Ram uttered.

"Frederica, am I right?" Nezuko asked.

"Yeah. She has these sharp teeth as a monster does and her brother is a fucking annoying brat as well." Jotaro said.

"Why did you put yourself as no one in that scene when you can show to Emilia that you arranged all of those plans and agreements you had with Crusch?" Pandora asked.

"Because if I did, the moment with me and Emilia that time will be ruined. But now, I guess I'm done with it now." Subaru said.

'He realized now how foolish was he when he was with Emilia. And how things went against him, that even death chases him.' Halibel thought.