XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight

Comincia dall'inizio

"It was nothing I didn't know already." Emilia said.

"Even if you know you'll fall, when it happens, that doesn't stop it from hurting or bleeding." Puck said.

"What do you think I should do, Puck? No, this isn't just about me. How can I do more for everyone, as well as get them to do more for me?" Emilia asked.

"I think you should do whatever you want. I'll be on your side, no matter what you do. And no matter what, you can't abandon that village, right? Early this morning, Ram headed back out there. Maybe we should wait to hear from her." Puck said and Emilia nods.

"I'm going to check on Betty." Puck said and flies away.

"Oh... okay. Let her know I said hello." Emilia said. She walks down to the hall and sees Ram with someone.

"Ram?" Emilia asked.

"Emilia-sama, you have a visitor." Ram said and beside her is Wilhelm who bows at Emilia.

"There is really a lot of change on Subaru's plans." Felt said.

"After what happened to the last loop, he can't afford to fail again this time." Reinhard said.

"You are... from Crusch-sama's household, aren't you?" Emilia asked.

"I am Wilhelm Trias. I have come on my master's behalf." Wilhelm said.

"On Crusch-sama's behalf? I received a blank letter from her yesterday..." Emilia uttered.

"I see, so it was true. Whole this shames me to say, the letter's content conflicted with my master's true intentions." Wilhelm said.

"Oh... It was a mistake, then?" Emilia asked.

"Yes, Emilia sama and Ram-dono... We would like to evacuate those remaining in the mansion, along with the villagers. That is Crusch-sama's will." Wilhelm said.

"What? There's a ring of criminals near the forest?" Emilia asked.

"Yes. The punitive forces this messenger brought are already preparing to fight the enemy." Ram replied.

"But why would Crusch-sama do so much to help this domain?" Emilia asked.

"Because of Subaru..." Rem whispered.

"Did you say something, Rem?" Emilia asked.

"Nothing, Emilia-sama." Rem mumbled.

"The margrave sent my master a proposal for an alliance with respect to the royal selection. The condition is a share of the mining rights in Elior forest. Do you understand?" Wilhelm asked.

"So this is what's all about?" Emilia asked.

"But evacuating all the villagers to the capital will be difficult. Half of them will go to the capital." Wilhelm said.

"I will lead the other half to safety in the Sanctuary. Roswaal-sama is heading there now." Ram said.

"Ooooh! Sanctuary! I wonder what's in the sanctuary? Kukukuku!" Scorpio exclaimed in a sarcastic tone.

"What do you mean, Scorpio sama?" Ram asked.

"Nothing. I'm just keeping this information in this mind of mine! Fufufufu!" Scorpio exclaimed.

"The gods are looking at Roswaal-sama..." Rem uttered as the three other gods looked at Roswaal with intimidating looks.

"Uh, oh. This is bad." Ricardo uttered.