XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight

Start from the beginning

"Conditions?" Subaru asked.

"Only members of the Witch Cult, and a select number of them at that, are thought to be capable targets." Julius replied.

"And those would be the fingers?" Ferris asked.

"Most likely, they are the user's spare bodies. It's quite a tasteless arrangement. Though I suppose one befitting of a Sin Archbishop." Julius added.

"So if the Sin Archbishop's confidants, the fingers, were wiped out..." Subaru uttered.

"If that happened, his soul would have nowhere to go. And that would be the end of him. We should first eliminate the fingers in the forest and then confront Sloth directly. That is my conclusion." Julius said and this made some agree on him.

"I hate to burst your bubble everyone, but I have one more thing to add... Sorry, but I don't think it's just the fingers. I think he may be able to possess me too. What do you think I should do?" Subaru asked.

"Huh?!" Everyone asked.

"He's adjusting the situation and tells them the possibilities of that happening that he got from the past loop. Jeez, that is really a helpful ability but I don't want to die just to reset a life event." Kadomon said.

"I hope Priscilla gets that curse instead of Natsuki-san. So that she can taste death and if she can change her attitude and personality, then the curse will be lifted." Anastasia said.

"You're hoping for a senseless thing, Anastasia. I won't be cursed because I am a majestic piece in Lugunica's success in the future and I won't die nor be cursed by some cheap curse." Priscilla said.

"Cheap?! Did she just say cheap? This woman's getting to my nerves!" Pandora uttered angrily while fuming.

"Now, now. You might lose your beauty if you always get angry." Subaru said.

"Eh?! Then I won't be angry then!" Pandora cried.

"A childish witch." Halibel sighed.

"Shut up!!" Pandora yelled.

"Filthy woman!"

"Then, will you also apologize for being born?"

"You silver-haired half-elf."

"Margrave Mathers endorses a half-devil? Utter foolishness!"

"This is a mockery!"

"You know, I had hoped for you."

"I thought maybe you... The only you wouldn't give me special treatment."

"I can't do that. I can't look at you the way I look at others."

"It's impossible..."

"Those were..." Puck uttered.

"Yeah. The insults, the negative reactions and the worst events Emilia encountered from the past and to Subaru." Nezuko said.

"That's a nightmare! Being in a dream that insults you always is a nightmare!" Lucas said.

"Lia... Your forehead is all wrinkled." Puck said as Emilia wakes up.

"Good morning, Puck. You're up early today." Emilia greeted.

"Morning, Lia. I thought I'd give the whole "Early to bed, early to rise" thing a shot. Well, just kidding. The truth is that I was worried about you. You've had it rough lately. Especially yesterday..." Puck said. Emilia remembers what happened yesterday about the people not listening to her.