Chapter 3: A day in Melromarc

Začít od začátku

"Right away kid, I got a good idea on what she might want to use." Erhard walks inside another room and comes out holding what I remember to be chain mail and a sword of some sort.

"Chain mail! Light, flexible, and strong. I'll sell it to you for a 120 silver. This sword right here is a light iron sword with a blood wash, 60 silver." A bit expensive, but I still have a lot of funds so why not?

"Ok, we'll take it. Could you get me a short sword as well, I thought about it, and I guess I shouldn't leave most of the work to Ms. Myne." He nods and goes towards a shelf with a bunch of swords hanging. He grabs a short sword with a leather sheathe.

"This here's a metal shortsword, no blood cleansing wash but it's pretty good for beginners. 30 silver for this one." He unsheathes it and gives it to me.

Once I held it I got a shock which made me drop it, then a message on my screen appeared, Warning! Legendary heroes cannot use any other weapons aside from the legendary weapons. 'Well that doesn't make sense. I can wield my karambit just fine' then I remembered abilities displayed on my status, Combat proficiency, and Knife Proficiency; I can wield it because I was good at it back then? So if I wasn't, this shield would be my only weapon? Man am I happy I took knife lessons from mom. Mom may be retired now but she used to be a Corporal in the army back then, then she met dad, got married and pregnant, then retired.

"I guess my knife will have to do for now." I pay erhard the 225 silver then left.

We left the shop and started reexploring the city. We saw the other heroes with their parties also gathering what they needed.

"So uhh, Myne, what places do you think we could level up." I think that it was time that I fulfill my reason of summoning. I need to level up first before I can go and be a hero, but of course, I need a good leveling spot.

"In the forest Sir Shield hero, it's infested with weak monsters such as balloons and Usapil."

"Let's go there once we gather what we need" We entered a tailoring shop where I bought some regular clothes which consisted of a brown shirt and some pants but I still kept my jacket, I saw a cape and resisted as much as I could but in the end I still bought it, we also bought some medicine in case Myne gets hurt. Then we left for the forest to level up.

In the forest

We were fighting balloons, and we were pretty effective at it. Myne was the main attacker while I defended her from stray balloons while attacking some.

Currently I was level 6, pretty good stats and it was getting was easier to onehit the balloons. It was getting dark and I noticed that more and more balloons are attacking us.

"Myne it's getting pretty late I think we should head back." She nods as we finish off the remaining balloons and head out. But suddenly, a monster comes out of the dark and dense forest and charges at Myne.

Time freezes as I count my options. I won't be able to get there in time. So much for t=being the shield hero if I can't even protect my only party member. Then I remembered the shield that I got at Erhard's shop, 'It had a skill, meteor shield was it? I don't know what it does but I'm just gonna hope for the best!"

"Meteor Shield!" the monster was pushed back by a strong force I look around and a force field like projection appeared before my eyes. 'So that's what it does.' I rushed at the monter then delivered a fatal blow to the neck with my knife. I look behind to see Myne in a semi shocked semi relieved state.

*sigh* I look down at the monster and see that it was actually a wolf type monster. I then notice the gem on my shield glow, It started absorbing the wolf! 'What the hell?'

Wolf series Shield Unlocked

Wolf Head shield

Def+10 MDef +30 Agi +5

Equip Bonus: Howl, Dark bite

Damn that's some high MDef bonus. I equip it and it has the shape of a wolf head with a snarling mouth at the bottom.

"Are you alright Myne?" She was still visibly shocked.

"Yes Sir shield hero."

We headed back to an inn that we saw on the way earlier while exploring the city. The other heroes were there as well, I bet this is a pretty famous in in these parts. Me and Myne were enjoying a nice meal before we call it a day. 

"Do you drink Sir Shield hero?" She offers me a cup of wine. I have tasted wine and let's just say I have a pretty high tolerance for it that I haven't been drunk my entire life. However, I only ever drunk with my dad so I stopped after he died.

"Nah." 

"Oh." she frowns a little but smiles again. We continue our meal as we see the other heroes hanging out with their parties and Motoyasu flirting with some girls.

We went to our rooms and called it a day, awaiting for what awaits for us tomorrow. 

A/N: You might say that I'm being a bit to nice to Myne, but remember that our Naofumi here is a nice guy, I mean he was a hero/vigilante/doctor student irl so yeah. Don't worry though, cuz next chapter is where the fun starts. Also idk if the meteor shield was in the anime, and I'm not sure if that's what it's supposed to look like, so if someone knows pls comment so I can change it.