CH27 - Back home with confusion

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Come here you jerk, I'll give you a look!" I shouted at him before giving him a good old punch in the head, knocking him down to the floor. "Stupid bastard, okay you had your fun, now tell me where my sister is?"

"She is with Ruby at the moment." Kurama replied as I turned to him. 

"What is she doing?" I asked him curiously.

"They're taking care of her injuries." Kurama informed.

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked as my face fell in worry.

"Yeah, a little jacked up but she is okay." Kuwa nodded his head, making me turn to look at my feet. 

Miyu is alright. . . And so are the others. That's good. . . 

I mean . . . Damn it. . . Is this how things will going to be from now on? More dangerous and full of almost near-death experiences? This is just ridiculous, and awful. . . I mean that's not what we had signed up for.

_________________________________________________________

After two days of strict bed rest, I was finally free. It was a quiet peaceful afternoon in the city, with the beautiful sunset and with rarely any people around the street at the moment. No idiots running around, nor anyone who I can bump into. Just peace and quiet. Just the way I wanted. As my legs were carrying me aimlessly in the street of the city I closed my eyes as I breathed the fresh and cool air in through my nose. My relaxing moment was however cut short when I sensed a presence not far above me. On a tree I think?

"Good to see you too Shadow Lord." I greeted Hiei as I stopped on my tracks and my eyes were shot at the three top. I hear a small scoff above me, making me look up and see my favourite three eyes demon, the almighty Shadow Lord. He gave me a blank stare and I returned it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him after a long moment of silently staring at each other. "Stalking me again, or just gonna stand there and look stupid?"

"Hn." He grumbled as he shot daggers through his eyes. I rose an eyebrow, but then just shrugged it off and turned on my heels.

"Hm, well, have your fun looking after the trees, oh almighty Tree King." I told him dismissively before walking away. After like five or six steps later I found Hiei stand in front of me. My eyebrows knitted together as my arms folded over my chest.

"Okay, Hiei what do you want? " I asked him bluntly. "If you want a match right here and now, forget it. I am not going to fight in front of people to expose our secret." I informed him. Yes, I still remember our deal, but right now I don't need this kind of stupidity at the moment. Hiei said nothing, but harshly grab my right wrist and pulled up the blue sleeve off of it.

"What are you doing-?!?" I was about to snap him the question, but I fell silent as soon as he lifted that wrist band off to reveal my Dragon-Yang Tattoo. Hiei facial expression said nothing, but his eyes, however, they showed disbelief and surprise.

"Where did you get this mark?" He demanded as his crimson orbs looked into mine deeply. For a second there, I thought the world around us just shut down, leaving only me and this demon boy alone in it. It felt weird. . . Yet it also felt. . . tense and . . . nice. . .

I shook my head and regained my composure.

"Why do you care?" I asked rudely as I pulled my hand back from his grasp.

"I have my reasons." He replied with a glare. "Now tell me where did you get this mark, woman?!" He demanded like he was the boss of me.

"I have a name you know, Shadow Lord." I scoffed at him as my eyes were narrowed at him.

"Hn, you are annoying." He said irritatedly before disappearing out of sight.

"Hmpf, thanks." I mumbled out loud annoyed as I looked up at the orange and pinkish coloured sky, then down at my wrist.

Hiei. . . He has a mark as well, but on his left wrist with a Phoenix-Ying on it. But what could this mean, and what with that dream . . ? Is it trying to tell me something or what. . . ?

I let out a groan as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

'This whole thing just drives me crazy. . . ' I complained in my thoughts as a silent sigh escaped through my mouth. 'I should probably ask Shuichi. He must know something about this.' With that last thought, I continued on my way.

_________________________________________________________

I was standing on top of a rooftop as I watch that stubborn girl leave my sight.

'Stupid human. . .' I thought to myself as I looked down at the mark on my left wrist incredulously. This is utterly ridiculous. How in the world did the universe tie my destiny to a human wreck like this one?

But then again, she did manage to defeat me the first time. And she did beat that foolish Byakko and Suzaku's clone in the maze castle along with that idiot of a brother. That girl, my rival now became my teammate and she is, in fact, a great addition besides Kurama. I won't deny that.

But why her? And why me out of all demon or people. . . I don't understand this and I also don't understand these conflicts within me.

Then for some reason my mind drifted to the times when that Miyuki girl showed some sign of emotions. Her genuine voice when she said 'I trust you', along with an honest smile that she had given me twice and those eyes. . . The eyes that were mostly masked with emptiness yet. . . They were on fire that is unexplainable to me. . . But one thing for certain, they held honesty when she talked to me in those occasions. . . She really did trust me. . . 

"Tsk." I scolded at myself. Why do I even waste my time thinking about this Little Detective? After all, she is a human. . .

With one last glance at the girl, I sped off back to that time where I can be at peace in the woods.

'She is just a human. . .' I reminded myself again. 'Yet a unique kind. . . '