"I think my nephews wrote this, the handwriting all messy and it been signed by Ollie and Mathew before Sarah and her husband." he laughed

"What about the other one?" she asked giggling along with him.

"I think Serris wrote this one, it's hard to tell, her and Leone have such similar handwriting, but it does say that they want to visit." her heart warmed at the way he spoke of his family so lovingly.

"Do write to them and say they are free to come whenever they would like Sean. We have space for them."

"I will," he said, putting the paper down and tucking into his meal, her following.

"Good morning. Happy birthday, Mr Lew." Agnes said, walking into the room shortly after the pair had finished.

"Fine morning indeed and thank you," Sean said looking towards the woman.

"Listen I know this is a little unexpected, but my daughter has been staying with a woman across the street from us whenever I come to work for a while now, but recently she moved away. I was wondering if you would mind if I bring her with me here. She only five, she wouldn't be a trouble, she can help me do the washing and such. If not I understand-"

"-it's alright Agnes." Kaycee interrupted "We don't mind at all. Having someone younger in the house might liven everything up. Right, Sean?"

"Of course." he smiled kindly

"Thank the lord because-"

"Manan! Manan!" a small child cam bounding into their dining room, holding a small yellow ribbon in her hand. "Regarde ce que j'ai trouvé."("Mama, Mama. Look at what I have found!")

"Eloane, Je t'ai dit de rester dans la cuisine." (Eloane, I told you to stay in the kitchen.") the older woman scolded, ripping the child smile off her face. Snatching the ribbon out of her hand "I'm sorry, I told her to stay in the kitchen and not TOUCH ANYTHING. This must be yours, Caitlin."

Though shocked, both Sean and Kaycee had sad smiles on their faces at the tears welling up in the child's face. Sean looked at Kaycee almost as if he was going to do something, but Kaycee got there before him.

"It is mine but I don't use it anymore, it must have got stuck on something and carried downstairs. Not to worry about." Kaycee said to Agnes before turning to the little girl. "voudriez-vous l'avoir, eloane" (Would you like to have it, Eloane.) She spoke surprising Sean.

"puis-je? S'il vous plaît." (Can I? Please.") she pleaded, wide eyed.

"English, Eloane."

"But she speaks french." the child stated, confused at her mother's request.

"Its quite alright, Agnes."Kaycee giggled. "What was the point in learning french if I never use it. Turn around."

Eloane followed the older girls orders and turned her back to Kaycee, feeling her tie the ribbon into a small bow with the top part of her hair.

"It's her father's tongue, we speak it around the house," Agnes explained.

"Thank you!" Eloane said to Kaycee, grinning as she jumped around a bit.

"Thank you, Caitlin, we'll let you get back to your meal and we'll get back to work."

"Bye-Bye, pretty lady," Eloane said, her red-faced mother dragging her by the arm out of the room.

"Shes going be interesting, isn't she?" Sean said

"I'm sure she will be." Kaycee agreed. "Hows my cooking?"