Chapter 8 WHAT MAKES KANE KARTER KANE KARTER PART 4

The next day in the flashback, Kane and the other kids had all been summoned to the large training room. They didn't know why they were there exactly other than that they had been told by some of the scientists that it was very important that they be there.

They didn't have to wait long before Danny Atoms appeared with Greg and some other scientists and Danny Atoms stepped up and was holding a microphone in his hand. "Everyone, I'm sure all of you are wondering why you are her today and I will explain that to you in a moment!" Danny told all the subjects. "Ahem! But first, how are you doing with your training and your powers?"

All the kids (except for Kane) were excited to tell Danny about all the progress they had made with their training and how they were confident that they had basically mastered their special abilities. Danny was pleased to hear this. 'Now, for the hard part!' Danny thought.

"I'm glad to hear this!" Danny spoke before his expression turned serious. "Now, I need you to answer a question for me. If someone was trying to hurt you or anyone else, what would you do about it?"

"Easy! I would kick his or her butt like Iron Man did with Thanos in Marvel's Avengers: Endgame movie!" A boy with black skin and black hair known as Zeb Zotallo replied.

"But let me ask you this. All of you have great powers, but have you ever considered what you would do with these powers?" Danny asked all the subjects.

Kane and the other kids didn't say anything. Other than showing off their powers and using them to have fun, they hadn't given that much thought.

"Why are you asking us this?" A girl with blonde hair in a ponytail and white skin questioned.

"Because today you are ready to learn the truth about your powers and the purpose of everything you have been taught and learned and for all your training!" Danny Atoms answered.

This caused Kane and the other kids' eyes to widen in shock. This only lasted for 10 seconds at most before they all became very excited, knowing that today they would finally get some answers!

After quieting down all the kids and getting their full attention again, Danny cleared his throat and braced himself for how the kids would possibly react to what he was about to say. "The truth is that you were given all the powers that you have and you've been taught everything you know now because the world is in trouble!" Danny Atoms shouted. "There's a lot of bad people out there hurting so many innocent people everyday and it's only getting worse!"

Kane and the other kids gasped in shock and horror. They hadn't been expecting to hear this.

"There's criminals, there's terrorists, there's communists and so many other terrible people out there causing so much harm and damage as we speak!" Danny spoke. "But worst of all, an evil alliance known as The Great Order consisting of communist China, Iran, Russia and North Korea are working together and because them, years ago, The White House got destroyed, the president at the time was killed and World War 3 began and we're right in the middle of it!"

Kane and the other kids were even more bothered by this than what Danny had said previously. They knew about the World Wars were from their history classes and how horrible and brutal they had been!