15.5

"Woah! Chill, Var. Don't give me that look as if you're going to kill me," said Sebastian as Cassandra left the room.

"It's your fault, you know?" Varian ranted, taking a chair and sitting down.

"Woah, wait. Do you like her?" Sebastian asked, taking another chair and sitting down in front of him. A teasing grin was visible on his face.

Varian frustratedly ran a hand through his hair. "Is it too obvious?"

Sebastion shook his head. "Considering how you'll almost going to kiss her earlier? Yes."

Varian sighed. "I don't know what to do, Seb."

"Tell me the reason why you like her?" Seb asked, a hand on his chin and a curios glint in his eyes.

"I, uh, well... she's different. She can see right through me and she understands me!" Varian sighed. "If only I can tell her how I feel."

"I'm starting to regret going in too early at the hall."

"You should." Varian glared at him.

Sebastian shrugged. "It's a payback."

"For accidentally walking inside when you and Ami are having a moment?" Varian teased.

"Yes- No!" Sebastian cheeks turned red.

Varian laughed. "Oh, yeah. Really?"

Sebastian looked away, a pained look in his eyes. Varian stopped laughing, realizing what the topic is.

"Seb, I'm sorry about-"

"It's fine." He cuts him off. "She's getting married, I know. That's her choice. She chose her kingdom, not me."

Varian sighed. "She have always been like that, you know that. Sacrificing her own happiness just for others."

Varian saw the anger appearing in his eyes. "Sacrificing our happiness."

"Seb-"

"Let's not talk about her, can we?" He asked and Varian nodded.

Sebastian gave him a sad smile. "About Cassandra, you do realize that she's n-"

"Seb, let's not talk about it, please?"

"Understood."

--

This is just a small chapter. Sorry for the short and I don't know if this chapter makes sense. My mind is floating while writing this chapter. I'm not really feeling well lately.