Right Beneath Your Nose (Pt. 3)

Start from the beginning

   "Hey Y/N. Noticed you weren't at dinner." Said a raspy voice. "We brought you something," George said as Fred pulled out a pumpkin pasty from seemingly thin air. 

  "Thank you but I'm not very hungry." you declined their food with a soft smile and looked back down to the floor. 

   Fred stuffed the pasty into his mouth, scarfing it down in seconds, causing George to slap his hand.

"WhUh-" Fred asked, his tongue trying to clear the remnants of food stuck to his teeth. George sent him a glare in response.

   The twins sat down on the couch and you made space for them. George motioned his hand over to his lap and you awkwardly laid your head against his chest, not wanting to lay so closely to his...junk. He played with your hair and you closed your eyes, letting his fingers brush along your scalp. 

  "So, what's got you so down?" Fred asked as he patted your knee. 

  You sighed and started to play with your hands. "Do you think?- Nevermind, it sounds stupid."

 "Comeon now, you know you can tell us anything." George reassured, still softly brushing his hands over your hair.

  "Well, it's just- you know how me and Cedric are together? Well what would you do if you realized someone else loved you the same way? And what would you do if you realized that you liked them back?"

  "Well," George started but was interrupted once the door abruptly opened. It was Oliver, he looked distraught and irritable. Once he saw you curled up against George he let out a deep sigh and walked right back out the room, once again. You let out a sigh similar to his, and closed your eyes in an attempt to escape the real world. 

   "Well, what are you doing?!" Fred asked jumping up out of his seat. "It's obvious he has feelings for you, can't reckon why someone would just up and leave like Wood did if he wasn't bothered."

  "Or jealous...." George added.

"Do you really? I mean, even if I tried to go after him how would I know where he's at?"

"Well he couldn't have gotten far. Here, take this." George said as he whipped out the Marauder's Map. "Just make sure to return it when you're done, and don't let anyone catch you with it, especially Filch."

  You said the ten word phrase and the map began to fill itself out. It showed Oliver, at the top of the astronomy tower. 'How the hell did he get there so fast?' you asked yourself then folded the map into your pocket. Realization struck, "accio Firebolt". Your broom quickly made its way into your hands.

   "I swear to Godric if this is what gets me expelled..." you muttered to yourself then quickly took off, avoiding all windows and people passing by.

  The night sky was gorgeous and the moonlight shone down on your skin. The air had a slight breeze which felt amazing compared to the warm atmosphere you were stuck in for hours. When you reached the top of the Astronomy Tower you silently placed your broom down on the floor. You made your way towards Oliver who's hands were pressed against the railing as he admired the stars. Quietly, you crept up on him. His head turned to look at you for a second then directly back at the night sky.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He asked with a twinkle in his eye and a slight smile.

  "Definitely, Oliver...I'm sorry-"

"Don't be. I should've known, respected your relationship. Y'know a stupid part of me thought I could change your mind. Didn't realize how selfish it was until I thought about it up here."

You inched closer and closer to him. "Actually, that's what I came here to talk to you about."

  Oliver noticed you fiddling with your hands so he took them in his, tracing circles in your knuckles.

   "Well, you see, if I'm being honest I was happy with Cedric," a defeated look appeared on his face, "No, no, no, Oliver hear me out. I was happy with him but everything felt off, I was spending so much with him that I didn't even acknowledge all my other friends, especially you. I felt terrible when I realized I stood you up. I'm so sorry, I truly am. I've never done this before but, I've had a lot of time to think and I guess what I'm trying to say is I think I have feelings for you. It's okay if you don't feel the same but-" you were cut off by his hand sneaking around your waist, pulling you closer to him. He placed a soft kiss against your lips and you swore you could just melt into his arms at that moment. He pulled away with a smile.

  "I'm sure you've noticed, especially after what just happened, but I have feelings for you too. That's why I was so angry all the time. It hurt to see you happy with him when all I wanted was to be the reason why you smile. I really, really like you, ever since I've known you you've made me so happy." His eyebrows furrowed, "But what about Ced-"

  You sighed, "I'll tell him later in the morning, but for now I'd just like to spend time with you."

  The two of you shared another gentle kiss then Oliver wrapped you in his arms. The rest of the night was spent stargazing and talking about how foolish you both were to not be open about your feelings until now. In this moment you two were vulnerable but finally felt free, a feeling you'd both longed for for so long. You were both content as if you'd fulfilled some life long goal of yours, and you wouldn't have it any other way.