"How long have they been arguing for?" she questioned, fumbling with the sleeves of her sweater. "I'm kind of hungry."

"Here," he replied, giving her a chocolate bar from his pocket which she slowly took. "And not long, but it seems like it'll escalate soon."

And on his words, more yells came from the kitchen. "I hate when they do this. What're they even fighting about?"

"Dad's mad about people coming here. He wants the meetings to be held somewhere else." Alfie explained, rolling his green eyes. "Papa's right this time, it's safer here. I think Dad's just grouchy."

Hope nodded slowly, putting her head in her hands. "He's been that way since we moved in. According to Papa, this summer they spent a lot of time with Grandpa and travelling. This house makes him less fun."

"Maybe his favorite child will make him happier." muttered Alfie beneath his breath, but the confused expression made him chuckle. "I'm joking, but you know, Harry?"

A large crash came from the kitchen, which the two only assumed to be a pot or pan. And Sirius Black looked angry, while Remus rolled his eyes. The Lupin man had always acted that way when Sirius got angry, which happened a lot since James Potter had died.

"This is my house, Remus." he finally yelled, running a hand through his long hair. "I don't need to be asked questions like I'm a child."

Remus only calmly nodded, narrowing his green eyes. "You know what, Sirius, you're right. This is your house."

"I just said that."

"And even if you hate it, Dumbledore wanted the meetings here. I'm trying the best I can to help out." he continued, pouring more coffee into his mug before sighing. "Maybe me and the kids should go stay at my dad's--"

Sirius' grey eyes went wide, looking offended. "Is this what it's going to come to? Are you taking my kids away from me?"

The Lupin man shook his head. "I sure hope not. But this example you're setting, it's horrendous. You throw a fit when you don't get your way, I don't even know you anymore."

"I do not throw fits. But at least I'm not boring and strict--"

"At least you don't act like a parent? Is that what you mean? Yes, kids need love and fun, but they need a person they know will raise them and protect them from harm as well. It's how they become good people."

Hope Lupin-Black grabbed her brother's shoulder softly, looking him dead in the eyes. "I don't like this, Alfie. We shouldn't be standing here. They'll end up making up in the end--"

"You're right." he said, before looking around the hallways. "Want to go explore this old house? There's plenty of rooms."

"More than happy to."

Neither Hope nor Alfie knew what made their fathers fight the amount they did, but even for the teengaers, the return of Voldemort put them on edge. And with the Order of the Phoenix returning, it put them in more danger than before.

Ever since the two teenagers moved into 12 Grimmauld Place, the emptiness of the house tempted them beyond beliefs. Especially the door at the end of the hallway that told them not to enter, but nothing could stop them from doing so.

"It's very green in here." commented Alfie, placing his fingers on the cleaned green walls. "It's not dusty either, who's room is this?"

"I'm not sure, but Kreacher keeps it cleaned." Hope chuckled, looking at different pictures on the walls. "I know it isn't Dad's, that's for sure."