Chapter 18: Moment of truth

It was the day of the All Valley Tournament. Samuel, Tahj, Nicole, Marie, and Alfredo were currently at the LaRusso house, getting their new gis that Daniel had ordered for them. Samuel went into a restroom and changed into his gi. He smiled as he looked at himself with the gi on. Unlike Daniel's old gi from the 80s, and the gi Samuel used to use as a child, the Miyagi-Do Bonsai Tree logo was not just on the back. Samuel had requested there to be a smaller bonsai tree logo in the front, matching the one in the back, similarly to where the small Turtle school logo would go in Goku's gis in Dragon Ball. When Samuel walked out of the restroom, new gi on, Samantha stopped him from getting to far.
"Wait. There's something messing here." Samantha told Samuel as she held Samuel's headband in her hands.

Miyagi's last gift... the replica of Daniel's headband that Samuel had always worn since he got it (except on rare instances when he didn't) was then tied on his head by the girl who made Samuel feel ready to take on the world. Samantha smiled when she finished tieing it on his head.
"There... now you look tournament ready." Samantha told Samuel with a smile. Samuel smiled back.

"Sam... thank you." Samuel told Samantha. Samantha nodded and Samuel walked towards the living room to join the other Miyagi-Do students. Suddenly Lauren entered the house. Samuel and Lauren stared at each other. Things had been tense between them ever since she walked away when he hyperventilated.

"Lauren." Samuel said politely, but blankly.

"Hey, Samuel. I just wanted to wish you luck." Lauren told Samuel with a smile. Samuel looked at Lauren and nodded.

"You gonna be watching at the tournament?" Samuel asked. Lauren nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be cheering you on. I.. I just wanted to see you in your new gi. I heard you'd all be here before the tournament from Marie." Lauren explained. Samuel smiled. Unknown to Samuel, Lauren had lied. She had come to convince him to give up karate... but lost her nerve upon seeing him in his gi... and seeing the passion in his eyes.

"Hey, we need to get going." Daniel told the students.

"I'll see you at the tournament, Samuel." Lauren told Samuel before she walked outside. When Lauren got in her car, she hit the empty passenger seat.

'Why... why do you love karate so much? Could I make you leave it for me?' Lauren thought as she turned her car on and started to drive to where the tournament was being held.... before she started to get second thoughts.

Meanwhile:
Ramon was waiting outside of the tournament building with Aisha, Hawk, Burt, and Miguel, who kept punching the air in front of him, imagining it to be Samuel Parker himself.
"Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament." Hawk advised his friend. Miguel stayed in his fighting stance and glared at Hawk before returning to his previous activity of punching an imaginary Samuel.

"Hey, don't even bother." Aisha told Hawk as she tapped his arm. Hawk looked at her.

"He's been super aggro ever since the breakup." Aisha explained. Hawk nodded then looked at his pissed off friend. Ramon scoffed.

"I'm sure Samuel will come here with that same look of murder in his eyes. His rage will likely make him sloppy... it'll be disappointing." Ramon replied as he stood, also planning his attack should he have to fight Samuel, unaware that Samuel took the time to consider what he had said, and resolved his attitude issue.

"Changing topic, where's sensei? The tournament's gonna start soon." Hawk asked.

"He'll be here." Aisha replied.

"I don't know about that." Bert replied.

"What are you talking about?" Aisha asked.

"Two weeks ago, I saw him at the mini mall. I was buying... a-a carton of milk..." Bert started to explain.