"You scared me," Kat whispers. "Why are you filming?"

"Because, I feel weird," Sunshine says. "Why are you up?"

"I'm...I feel weird."

"That's my excuse."

"I don't know! I couldn't sleep," Kat supplies. "You okay?"

"Mhm."

Then, there's something in the air. At first it's a low buzz, but it eventually swirls into something more defined, something more human. A voice permeates from somewhere inside the house, soft and light, catching both Sunshine and Kat off guard.

"Do you hear that?" Sunshine asks, feeling sick.

"What is that?" Kat demands.

"I don't know." Sunshine looks around the living room, scanning every corner, but it's almost like her body won't move. She's frozen with fear. "Where is it coming from?"

Kat shakes her head, then pauses when they stand on the side of the living room. Looking up, both women notice a vent rattling slightly, echoing with a disembodied voice that chills Sunshine to her core.

"I think it's up there," Kat whispers. "Is that a voice?"

Sunshine thinks so. She raises her camera to the vent, straining her ears. The voice is rough but definitely female.

"What is it saying?" her mother questions.

"I don't know."

It almost sounds like 'you won't get away.'

It better fucking not be.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
After the activity abruptly cuts off, both Sunshine and Kat head to bed. The next day, however, both of them are sure that something has returned to the house, and they both know it isn't Anna.

Who, then?

Now they're both on the couch, the camera set up in front of them, and, well.

"Mom has a...thought...she would like to share with us all."

Kat laughs and splays her arms out. "Share with the class."

"Everybody."

"Well, say if we're gonna film," Kat says, "and I don't want to talk to you about paranormal stuff, shouldn't we film it?"

"Yes."

"You agree?"

Sunshine points to the camera. "There it is."

"It's—" Kat smirks and shakes her head.

"The red light's on," she says sarcastically.

"Alright. Well, I was just...in the middle of the night last night, I was thinking all of a sudden and—well, insomnia sucks, let's just say that—all of a sudden I just remembered something I heard, like, a long time ago and I don't remember where or what or even if—I don't know, but it was talking about if how sometimes it's not a location that is haunted, but a person."

Sunshine stares at her mother.

Kat stares back.

Silence.

"Have you never...?" Kat trails off.

"That's horrible," Sunshine says.

"Yes...Do you get where I'm going with this."

She shakes her head. "Mm-mm." Then a pause as it all starts to come to her.

"Like, maybe it's not—"

"The house..."

"The house that we're living in," Kat nods, "maybe it's you. It's a thought. I mean, it kind of does fit in with the whole 'I'm a Luiseach!' and 'No I'm not!' Right?"

Sunshine briefly goes over what the hell a Luiseach is to any new subscribers and looks back at Kat. "Anyways."

"Well, now that you're done with that, if you're feeling like there is stuff happening in this new house then there's really no reason, like, nothing has happened..."

"I don't know," she sighs. "I just don't like the thought of me being haunted."

"Well, I know, neither do I, I have to admit, I don't love that, but...I don't know, it's a thought, and it's just something that I suddenly remembered last night and, well. It's something. Ponder that in your pretty little head." Kat pats Sunshine's hair.

"I kinda wish Victoria—she always comes in, pops in like a daisy—would tell me what to do."

"Yeah, right about now is when she'd, uh, knock on the door, but she doesn't know where you live babygirl. And we don't even know if she's alive or..." Kat shakes her head. "I think you're on your own with this one. Don't worry, I'm here! You've got me!" Her mother smiles. "You've got Nolan, you've got your Scooby Gang."

"Great," she says.

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
Sunshine and Kat are watching TV when the noise returns.

She quickly fumbles for her camera and turns it towards the vent, where the chilling voice rakes through.

"Seriously, what is it saying?" Kat whispers.

"I don't know," Sunshine replies. "It's exactly the same as last time."

"You can't even tell if that's English."

Something slams in the kitchen and Sunshine gasps, reeling backwards into her mother. Kat's eyes are wide as full moons. "Was that in the kitchen?"

Sunshine doesn't respond. She can't respond. She aimlessly moves towards the kitchen, which is swamped in a blanket of shadows that make Sunshine want to turn tail and run. Still, she can't do that anymore. She may not be a Luiseach, but she sure as hell isn't a coward.

And then—

"Everything's...open," Sunshine says, looking around the kitchen, spotting the open cupboards and drawers.

"So that answers the question if there's something here."

Sunshine hesitates. "A...Anna...?"

"What are you doing?!"

"What?"

"Why are you calling out to Anna?" Kat looks at her daughter.

"Because I have no one else to talk to!"

"It's a different house!"

"So? She could still be here!"

Kat sighs. "Okay, well, the OCD in me does not like this."

Sunshine doesn't, either.

NOLAN NEXT CHAPTER HAHAHAHA