October 12th, 2024

Start from the beginning

Angel ran his hands though his messy hair, "I know, I know", he sighed, "it's just, we've talked about this for two years now and like, it's finally happening."

"Does it make you feel better that Cole is just as nervous?" Rudy showed Angel his texts with Vinny.

"Yeah," Angel laughed, "it does," Carson handed Angel coffee.

"So," Carson smiled at Rudy, "you and Vinny? You two have been getting pretty close."

"Yeah," Matt teased, "You and him like, a thing?".

"Why didn't I know about this!" Angel snorted, "you have a blushing emoji next to his name!".

Rudy looked at the ground while the boys ganged up on him, "okay! okay," he sighed, "we are...figuring things out. We didn't tell you," he looked at Angel, "or Cole! Cause you guys have been stressed out about the wedding, as the best men we were trying to not any more stress."

"Cole and I managed to get cheesier, thanks Rudy," Angel laughed.

Just then the door opened, and Harry came rushing in, "Angel I am so sorry! There was an accident on the freeway!" he said out of breath and he hugged his son. Corey strode in after him holding a large bag, "we also got food," he smiled.

"Then let's get ready" Carson suggested.

--

The wedding was outside the Edgewater house in Washington. In mid-October, the leaves had started to change color, so the trees were beautiful shades of yellow and red. The alter was made of redwood and strings of white lights, ivy, and white lace were twirled around the wood. The aisle was white and lead straight to the alter. Black chairs were lined up on either side of the aisle and there were iron stands holding hanging candles in even increments down the aisle.

It was nearing 4 when the guests began to arrive. They sat in the chairs and the four-piece band played soft music in the background. At 4:30 Mrs. Bridgett walked up to the alter, she had become an ordained minster just for this. After she took her place, behind the alter in a dark Scarlett dress, the music changed. An instrumental version of Hozier's Work Song played while the procession started. Coles Grandparents were first, lead by Rex and Laura as the ushers. The groom's men lined up next to each other and paired up. Vinny and Rudy were first, they parted at the alter and smiled as the rest of the grooms men came down. Tara and Matt were next, then Corey and Coles college roommate Jasper, Carson, and Harrison, accompanied by Samson haphazardly throwing flower petals were next. Finally, with Harry and Angel on the left and Cole, James, and Shay on the right the two grooms walked towards each other, when the group met at the end of the fabric Harry shook both Shay and James' hands. Shay kissed Cole and Angel on the cheek. James patted his son on the back and leaned his forehead on Angels, smiling Harry hugged Cole tightly before the parents parted and walked down the aisle.

"Hey," Cole smiled while he and Angel spent a moment at the end of the aisle.

"Hi jock," Angel looked at Cole fondly.

"Ready to get married?" Cole asked, reaching to take Angels hand.

"Absolutely," Angel smiled.

Angel was in an all-black suit with a dark blue tie. Cole was in a dark blue suit with a white shirt and black tie. Cole's beard was trimmed neatly, and Angels long hair was braided behind him. As they walked down the aisle, they caught the smiling faces of their friends and family. When they got to the end, they faced each other.

"Welcome to the union of Angel Monet Jefferson and Cole Darnell Jackson. I want to thank you all for partaking in the joyous occasion. Before we exchange the rings, I believe both grooms have written their own vows." Mrs. Bridgett said.