CHAPTER 6

Chap 6

" mom? "

" your doctor is here baby "

" Nancy right?"

I look at him and I can say that a good-looking guy.

If I'm just a normal girl. A girl that is healthy and in good condition, not like a weak and fragile girl.

I probably got attracted to my doctor.

But I'm not a normal girl, I'm just a weakling girl that live with medication, Breathing the different chemicals in the hospital and Hoping for the day that I will leave this room.

" yes, I'm Nancy "

" my name is lance Wilson and I'm your doctor starting from now Nancy "

" I just want to tell you that many doctors tried to help me but any of them don't make me free with my illness"

" we will do our best so you'll be free with your illness"

" I don't want to hope anymore. I rather accept the fact that I'll be staying in this room until my last breath "

" you're such a negative thinker, maybe I can't promise but we will try okay? "

Try? How many times I have heard that word. Twice? Trice? Or more than that.

" okay "

" good, a doctor and a patient need to work together so we go first at knowing each other, you go first "

"I'm not that kind of person who usually talks about myself"

" okay, let just put it this way that I want to know you not as your doctor but as your friend" he smilingly said.

" my mom didn't inform me that my doctor is friendly"

" well accept it because your doctor is friendly and your doctor want you to be his friend"

I just smile. I lie to him, telling about myself is not a problem for me I just want to test if his strict or something but I'm wrong because his friendly and I feel comfortable to him.

" okay my friendly doctor, my name is Nancy Prale Harper, 19yrs. Young, daughter of Mr. And Ms. Harper and I have a little brother "

" pretty name you have, how long have you stayed here?"

" about a month"

" and what did you miss? "

" be able to live normal "

" before you got here what's your life outside?"

" I'm happy, even if I know that I have this illness my family give me strength through their love, I love my life not until that night"

" the night you were brought here?"

" yes "

" why your still here?"

" because I need to "

He smiles and I think his not satisfied with my answer.

" are you sure that's the reason?"

"no, I'm still here because of the people who love me and that is my family"

" very well said, I'm asking you this questions to light you up why Im here "

"to help me? You know doctors are not healers they just know how to cure or prevent a disease"

"Maybe I'm not a healer but I will try my best to help you and I only need your cooperation "

Doctors are smart. They study a lot of things.

" okay "

" thank you for sharing Ms. Harper and for accepting me as your friend "

I just smile and nod at him.

I look at him walk away, and many things come out in my mind.