CHAPTER 2

Chap 2

I feel the heat in my face, so I open my eyes to figure out what is it, and it is the sunlight, the sun is rising again for me.

I look around and I feel disappointed because I'm not in the place where I want to be.

I'm not in my room, I said to myself. Every time I wakes up I always wish that as I open my eyes I'm in my room sleeping like a holiday. Where I can feel that I'm normal, that I'm not sick.

Should I be thankful that I am able to wake up and have another day? Or should I not be because it means this is another day for me to stay in this room and keep on reminding me that I am sick.

I lift my left hand to cover my face from the sunlight.

" Emy? "

I asked to the person who open the curtain in my room. I don't clearly see the person because of the light.

" oh' good your awake Nancy " she smilingly says.

I don't know why I'm disappointed if I know my prediction is right.

Maybe because I'm expecting someone and will say " oh' this is not Emy "

" yeah " I said. In my tone I feel like disappointed.

" how's your sleep'?" She asks.

She's now preparing my breakfast.

" its fine "

I'm in the table now and just like the other day my breakfast is one cup of rice, one slice of meat, a water, and a vege salad.

Everyday this is my meal. I thought a weak and sick people should eat a lot to gain more vitamins and gain energy.

But I think my perceptions are wrong.

" by the way your mom will not visit this day but she said maybe she will drop by this afternoon "

" okay " I boringly said.

She's talking about something but I'm not paying attention.

" I'm done "

I said. And she then gets the plates and put it in the dishwasher place.

" you want to go out?"

It would be good news if what she means of "go out" is freeing myself to go outside the city and live again just how I use to be before, but unfortunately that's not what she means.

But other than going out of this room, though it also means that for a few hrs. I will be leaving this room but not the fact that I'm still inside this fence. The fence where sick people stay.

" okay "

She then gets the wheelchair for me. I'm not a poor walking lady or a disabled person who don't know how to walk. I'm using a wheelchair so I could go to the place I want to go in a safe way and to avoid conflict.

As I sit down. She then push it and open the door.

As I go out to my room I see different sick people in the hallway.

I see different patients suffering like me. Experiencing the same experience, I have. Like me? They also want to be free in this place.

On our way I saw a little girl crying.

" stop " I said.

" why? You feel something wrong? "

" no, bring me to that girl " I said.