4

"What do you mean by that?" Wei wuxian sense dreads crawling all over his body.

"You see, i already pick two of the people you seems to care the most but had betrayed you, Lan Wangji and Jiang Wangyin, the heir of Lan and Jiang sect. Look how kind am i"

"What kind of kindness are you talking about, Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng never betrayed me! I'm the one who chooses to betray them!"

"But weren't you feeling sad everyday? Weren't you hurt when they choose to leave you alone especially when you need them the most? Weren't you feel so hopeless when both of them hate you for unreasonable things?" The man keeps caressing Wei Wuxian skin, whispering into his ear and trying to manipulate him. It makes Wei Wuxian shivered down to the bones.

"I don't care if they hate me! Now you better let us go and just take the payment from the one who burned you! Wei Wuxian scowl at the man, who keeps smiling toward him.
"Of course i will take the one who burned us, but you see, it's not enough! We are angry and we need more. Now you have to choose between them, or else all of the people here will pay the price."

Wei Wuxian feels a strong inner turmoil right now, he can not and would not choose one of them, they are important for him.

"Or if you confuse I will give you relief as a gift to choose whoever in the room right now aside from the three Jins."

Wei Wuxian contemplates this deeply, he learns one by one the faces from the people in the room. Many people are afraid, some people hug or grab their loved one hands. His eyes meet with Lan Qiren who gives him a slight nod which makes him stunned for a moment.

"A-Xian, you can choose me, I'm okay." Jiang Yanli's voice struck and he shook his face in disbelief, no way he will sacrifice his sister for this he thought. Jiang Yanli just wants his brother to not feel guilty, his brother must hate the fact that he has to take people from their family.

"A-Li! No, you will not! A-Ying you can take me, A-Cheng can replace me as the sect leaders and I'm already old anyway." Jiang Fengmian chuckled a bit, his voice sounds so soft and calm, Wei Wuxian shook his head harder, no way he would take his uncle from this family when he make an eye contact with madam yu and shocked when he sees her smiling even though it's small, she nods her head to him. "Even Madam Yu want me to take her?"

"Young Master Wei, you could let Wangji go and take me instead, " Lan Xichen posture still upright, still in perfect condition, but his face showing tiredness and plead for everything to be over and it breaks wei wuxian heart even further.

"Wei Gongzi, You can take me a, you have done everything for us, let us repay you this time" Wen Ning voice is so small, almost like a whisper, making everyone remember they still have wens in this room. Wen Qing only nod her head and staring at Wei Wuxian eyes.

"No, they only start to live again, i can not take them from their family, they are the only people they have, a-yuan needs them."

"Wei Wuxian! Just take me! But then you promise me to take care Jie for me... I ... i still have a lot to say to you, but never mind that, take me as my gratitude for your go-golden core. You know i still want to punch you for that, you give me everything without my permission!..and i-."

"Ah" Wei Wuxian can imagine his didi face right now, must be so red from anger, he want to hug his didi that he believe will cry at any moment now.
"I hate you, you know that!"

"Ah that's come the hate" Wei Wuxian thought

" I hate you because I can not protect you! i want to protect you too you know, i want you to know you are not alone, so let me protect you this time my gege." Jiang Cheng is openly crying right now, he can not bring himself to feel embarrassed, he wants to save his gege, his gege who gave everything to him.