"Excuse me?" She turned her head back.

"Just don't tell him," she shrugged.

"Alright, genius," Mia said mockingly. "I will go out with him, it's not like I have two other siblings or an entire school he could find it out from. Thanks."

Sage punched her arm, looking at her with a scowl. "Who said anything about anyone else knowing?"

"What?" Mia furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you telling me that I should start dating him... in secret?"

"Well, you're definitely good at keeping secrets, aren't you?" Sage gave her a look. "All I'm saying is that could be an option..."

"Rubbish. Keeping something like that a secret would be exhausting, he's not worth the effort."

"I think he is," Sage disagreed. "I mean, have you seen him?"

Mia glanced away again, remembering those icy blue eyes. "He is attractive..." She mumbled.

"There you go!" Sage clapped her hands together happily. "He's not the worst student either. Obviously he's not as good as you, but that would be hard to achieve."

Her words made her break out in a smug smile. "I would like to see someone being better than I am."

"Don't get too cocky now, girl, I'm right up there with you. I might not be a – you know, but still."

"I know," Mia rolled her eyes. "I'm just joking."

"Well, how about instead of joking around with me, you go and find Alex?"

"No way," Mia started shaking her head. "He only asked me out today, I'm not going to run into his arms already! I wouldn't want him thinking that he's actually important."

"Don't be so mean, now."

"Relax. I'll find him in a few days, but I'll keep him wondering for now."

"Just don't wait too long..."

"Why? You just said that he's never asked anyone else out before, I don't think I have much to worry about here."

"Okay, true," Sage nodded. "Now get off of my bed, I want to finish this book."

***

A few days later, Mia went to the library to meet the two fifth-year boys she promised to help.

After a bit of walking around, she spotted a certain black-haired boy sitting at one of the tables in an empty aisle, alone.

"Hey, Sev," she greeted him quietly.

She walked over and pulled a chair out, sitting down right next to the boy.

"Hi," he said quietly, not meeting her eyes.

"Where's Kaden?" Mia furrowed her eyebrows. "Don't tell me he's late."

"Actually," Albus started scratching the back of his neck, "it's uh... I guess it's just me today."

"Just you?" She raised her eyebrows in surprise. "How come? Did he tell you anything?"

"Yeah, he said that something urgent came up, and uh... he didn't have time to tell you, so... yeah..." He stared down at his legs, clearing his throat. "Yeah..."

"Yeah?" The Ravenclaw asked back teasingly.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Alright, then," she let out a quiet laugh, making the corners of his mouth turn upwards slightly. "What can I help you with today?"