Specials! 12: A 1000-year old being

Začít od začátku

" Yes, why?"

" If you were present during that time then that means...." Xenovia's eyes widened in realization. The other members caught on what she was trying to say.

"If that is what you are asking, then yes. I have lived that long."

" EHHHH?!"

Azazel stepped inside the clubroom and overheard their previous conversation.

"It's rude to ask a lady's age, you know." he said with a chuckle."

" E-Erin is 1000 years old?" Issei seemed frozen. " How is that possible?"

"Not exactly a 1000-year old." Erin corrected. "Well, if we're going to base my age on the years I've lived, it would be 300+ years. But if we're going to base it on the actual age and not the years lived, then I'm still 17 years old."

"You are aware that devils live for hundreds and thousands of years, right? Well the same goes for Gods and Goddesses. Though I am a half-blood, that is enough to make me live longer than humans."

Erin tapped her chin in thought

"The deities live for hundreds and thousands of years since they age slowly. In my case, it takes 25 years before I can move up my age. So let's say, I am 5 yrs old, then it would take 25 yrs. before I can be labeled as 6 yrs old."

" Does that apply to your brother as well?" Akeno asked.

" Not really.. how should I explain this.." Erin massaged her head. "I was technically older by Sebastian at some point."

*(DING!)*

They shared looks of confusion and the one who was severely confused was Issei.

" I'm sorry Erin but you lost me there, haha." He scratched his head awkwardly.

"Devils and Gods live for a long time, right? So this also means that they age slowly than normal humans. This means that when I stayed in Olympus, mom wasn't pregnant with Sebastian yet. By the way, my mom was granted a special charm by the Gods so her lifespan is also longer compared to average people."

Erin took a breath before continuing.

" So.. when we landed here, that is when Mother met Sebastian's father. And when Sebastian was still a toddler, I was like 15? or 16 at that time."

" Ah, I get it now.." replied the group in unison.

"By the way, Erin-chi. You mentioned that you will show us how your hypnosis powers work."

Erin nodded and stood up.

" Of course. But we'll be needing a volunteer so you can fully understand how it works." she said as the Geass insignia flashed in her eye.

________________________________________

Classes were now over and the sun was slowly enveloped in darkness. Rias and the others stayed in the clubroom for final discussions and after completing their task, they prepared to leave.

"Let's go. Where's Erin?"

" Erin-senpai left earlier to grab some snacks. I suppose she is venturing one of the rooms right now." replied Koneko.

" I see. But where specifically?"

" I know! Erin-senpai might be in the old music rooms!" Gasper cheerfully suggested."

" Gasper has a point. Let's go, minna."

They climbed some stairs and talked on the way.

" Erin-senpai is awesome. The power she showed earlier is simple yet deadly." the vampire remarked.

"Hai. But I'm guessing that it can be countered by individuals who is immune to mind control magic. Right, Akeno-senpai?" Kiba asked and the raven head nooded.

"Yes. That is a high possibility."

"But living for a long time can be scary." Asia commented.

"What do you mean, Asia? We are also going to experience that since we are reincarnated as devils now." Issei replied.

"Hai. But living for that long seems scary and sad.. especially if you don't have any friends. And if you have friends who don't live that long, it'll be painful watching them go away one by one."

" You're right."

"I wonder if Erin-senpai ever got lonely during those years. To see someone close to you die a-and and d-disappear is scary!" Gasper said in fright and hid behind Asia.

The rest of the group were in deep thought hearing those words. When they were nearing their destination, the sound of a piano reached their ears and they were drawn to the melody.

*( Singing time: this is Thousand Years by Christina Perri. 🎶🎶)*

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave 🎶
How can I love when I'm afraid... to.. fall..

Erin's voiced echoed in the air and the group stood outside the room, drawn to her singing.

But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow...

"Sugoi..." Issei and Kiba slightly gasped. Rias had the same expression and Akeno, although she already heard the Goddess sing last time, still felt entranced by her voice.

One step closer........

Erin closed her eyes as she prepared to hit the next keystrokes.

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you ~

The Goddess somehow held a sad tune in this but nevertheless, it still made the song beautiful.

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand.... more.. 🎶

Erin finished the song and was shocked to hear rounds of applause on the side.

" Oh- Um. Hey. I didn't know you guys were listening."

" Erin that was awesome!" Issei approached her in glee.

"Hai. Erin-senpai has a nice voice." Koneko said with a slight blush.

" Thank you, guys. I assume it's time for us to go? I'm sorry I lost track of the time."

" It's okay, Erin-san." Xenovia assured.

They left the room and parted ways with Kiba and Gasper at the gate.

Erin slightly flinched when both of her hands where interlocked with another hold.

" R-Rias?" Erin looked to the side and saw Akeno doing the same.

The red head gave her a warm smile.

"Don't worry, Erin. We'll be with you for a thousand years now."

Akeno also agreed with this as her hold tightened.

" Thank you, Rias." Erin replied and offered the same smile. " And to you as well, Akeno-senpai."

Both girls smiled in response and they looked ahead to continue their destination towards their home.

- End of Chapter -