2 // new contact & mom(s)

Sitting in the car of a stranger was quite..odd. My attention was focused on how surprisingly neat everything was and the boy next to me. Most of the time, he was singing along to the various CD's he would take out and put into the car's radio.

His voice was actually soothing. Very talented and very unexpected.

My eyes scaled him a lot. Not because I was in love or anything he just seemed interesting.

My eyes kept drawing back to the black beads pierced above his eyebrow. I had always hated piercings on guys but on him, I had found a new love for them.

Michael Clifford was a very focused person. I'm very surprised he didn't notice my eyes on him.

"Didn't your mom and dad ever tell you it was rude to stare?" Michael asked letting his eyes flicker from me to the road.

"Who says I have a mom and dad?" I asked.

"Oh, gosh. I-I'm really sorry." Michael seemed to stutter. "I'm such an idiot."

"Common mistake." I answered simply looking out the window.

"Mistake?"

"People just always have to assume that everyone is living a normal life with mommy and daddy who live happily ever after. Mommy and mommy on the other hand is much more fun." I smiled.

"God, the way you said it made it seem like you lost your parents." He told me.

"Nah. Just don't have a dad. Two kick ass moms though." I laughed.

"That must be so cool." he smiled back.

"Make a left here." I said pointing to my street sign. "I'm the first house when you pull in."

"715?"

"715."

I opened the door myself and turned back.

"Thanks for the lift, Michael." I said tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"It was my pleasure, Kit. What do I get in return for getting you home safe and sound?" Michael grinned.

"The feeling of satisfaction knowing you are capable of driving a lonely girl home from a horrible movie is what you get." I laughed to myself.

Michael shoved his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He quickly tapped away at the screen and handed it back to me.

New Contact

"Michael." I sighed. "I can't. I have a boyfriend."

"Why do all damn girls say that? Just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean that stops you from having friends." Michael said setting his closed fists on his lap.

Without having a reason not to, I typed my name and phone number into Michael's phone.

"Sorry. I just..didn't want you getting the wrong ideas about me." I said handing him his phone back.

"No worries. I'll text you later." Michael puckered up his lips as if he was gonna get a good night kiss from me.

I put the palm of my hand and pushed him back.

"Good night, loser." I said stepping out of the car.

After I unlocked the door, Michael sped away.

"Hello?" I asked. Two voices sung out.

"In here." they said at the same time.

"How was Jessie?" My mom Carmel asked.

"And how was Into the Woods?" My other mom Grace asked.

"I wouldn't know how Jessie was. He ended up staying home and I remained dateless. Also, Into the Woods was so horrible I left halfway.

"How'd you get home?" My mom, Grace asked.

"Well, funny story."

--

I didn't think my moms would be so cool with me explaining the story about Michael.

"Don't get into cars with strangers."

"Don't talk to men unless you know them personally."

"If you're ever stranded, call us at anytime."

Were lessons I was taught my entire life but when a situation finally went down, they were okay with it?

I finished my bedtime routine and flushed the thoughts away down the drain along with some toothpaste and spit water. I plugged my phone in seeing some notifications from twitter and a new text message from a new number.

"Man, the Michael Clifford. Whatta guy."

I laughed to myself and started texting Michael. Whatta guy.